simple newbie question re: default home page

simple newbie question re: default home page

David McGaffin
I am trying to change the home page of my jetty server.  It seems to
prefer index.html files over index.jsp and I would rather it be the
other way around.  I've looked at the jetty.home property and tried to
call SetResourceAlias() in the jetty.xml file, but I'm not sure if
those are the correct approaches...and they haven't worked so far.

So, could someone enlighten me regarding how I can get jetty to open
an index.jsp file even when the same directory has an index.html?

Thanks for any help.

- david

Re: simple newbie question re: default home page

SnakeySt3
<welcome-file-list>
  <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

Should work in you web.xml file after servlet-mappings.

David McGaffin wrote:

> I am trying to change the home page of my jetty server.  It seems to
> prefer index.html files over index.jsp and I would rather it be the
> other way around.  I've looked at the jetty.home property and tried to
> call SetResourceAlias() in the jetty.xml file, but I'm not sure if
> those are the correct approaches...and they haven't worked so far.
>
> So, could someone enlighten me regarding how I can get jetty to open
> an index.jsp file even when the same directory has an index.html?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> - david

Re: simple newbie question re: default home page

David McGaffin
Thanks.  That does it.

- david

On 10/13/05, Steven Jardine <[hidden email]> wrote:

> <welcome-file-list>
>   <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
> </welcome-file-list>
>
> Should work in you web.xml file after servlet-mappings.
>

> David McGaffin wrote:
> > I am trying to change the home page of my jetty server.  It seems to
> > prefer index.html files over index.jsp and I would rather it be the
> > other way around.  I've looked at the jetty.home property and tried to
> > call SetResourceAlias() in the jetty.xml file, but I'm not sure if
> > those are the correct approaches...and they haven't worked so far.
> >
> > So, could someone enlighten me regarding how I can get jetty to open
> > an index.jsp file even when the same directory has an index.html?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > - david

Re: simple newbie question re: default home page

Chris Haynes
You need to find and modify the welcome file list.

Hunting for it will help you understand the Jetty architecture and be good for
your soul ;-)

Chris Haynes

"David McGaffin" asked: