problmes in loading war files from a URL

problmes in loading war files from a URL

sandy kumar
Hi,

I have run into some problems when I try to load a war file from a URL.
specifically, this works

 <Call name="addWebApplication">
    <Arg>/pushlet/*</Arg>
    <Arg>c:\sanjay\projects\jetty\webapps\pushlet.war</Arg>
    <Set name="extractWAR">false</Set>
  </Call>

but this doesn't

    <Arg>http://localhost:8080/repository/jettysc/webapps/pushlet.war</Arg>
    <Set name="extractWAR">false</Set>
  </Call>

Just to let you know, the .war application requires 2 jar files which are
embedded in the WEB-INF/lib directory.

The loading from URL for a .war file works when there is no dependency on the
embedded jar files. for example jsp-examples from apache works with any changes
to the existing environment.

Is there something which I am missing, or do I have to provide something else to
override the default behaviour.

Thanks for your help.

cheers,
sandie

Re: problmes in loading war files from a URL

Greg Wilkins-5

Sandie,

the problem is that with extractWAR false, Jetty is going to try to
use http://localhost:8080/repository/jettysc/webapps/pushlet.war
as  jar:http://localhost:8080/repository/jettysc/webapps/pushlet.war!/

To my knowledge, there is no such protocol handler for jar:http:
only one for jar:file:

So you can either write one (which will probably just do an extract
to memory), or set extract to true.

cheers