one application with two servlets each listening on separate ports

one application with two servlets each listening on separate ports

gjb9876
(sorry, this is posted twice, it's my first post, and it keeps telling me that it's not getting sent to the mailing list.  I'm receiving other peoples posts via the email list, so I'm not sure why mine has not gone out after several days and attempts to repost)

I'm using jetty-6.1.21

I have a single application, with two servlets (two separate APIs).  One API (one servlet) must listen on one port (say 8080) but the other servlet on a different port 8081.  They share an object in memory (otherwise we'll need to read/write to a database to go between these two servlets).  8080 is open to the outside www network.  8081 is only available to our internal network.  I want to know how to bind a particular servlet to a particular port.

Is there a setting I can specify in the web.xml for each url-pattern to select which connector to use?

Is there a setting in jetty.xml to tell a connector to restrict to a url-pattern or package name or something?

I've been able to setup two ports, two applications, but this runs on two server instances within jetty.  I need them to share an object in memory... ideas appreciated :)

example jetty.xml and web.xml would be great.

Thanks, GJB