log4j start-up warning message

George-15
Hi there,

I have Jetty 5.1.6 installed on a LInux box and using JDK 1.502
When the server starts, I getting the following log4j warning in my log file:

(org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspRuntimeContext).

what does this mean and how can I correct it?

Thanks

Re: log4j start-up warning message

Ceki Gulcu-2
At 02:52 PM 11/25/2005, George wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I have Jetty 5.1.6 installed on a LInux box and using JDK 1.502
>When the server starts, I getting the following log4j warning in my log file:
>
>log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
>(org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspRuntimeContext).
>log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
>
>what does this mean and how can I correct it?

It means that you are using log4j but that it has not been configured.
Please refer to the log4j project on information about configuring log4j.

--
Ceki Gülcü

Ceki Gülcü <listid <at> qos.ch> writes:

> At 02:52 PM 11/25/2005, George wrote:
> >Hi there,
> >
> >I have Jetty 5.1.6 installed on a LInux box and using JDK 1.502
> >When the server starts, I getting the following log4j warning in my log file:
> >
> >log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
> >(org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspRuntimeContext).
> >log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
> >
> >what does this mean and how can I correct it?
>
> It means that you are using log4j but that it has not been configured.
> Please refer to the log4j project on information about configuring log4j.
>
> >Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to follow the link you did post but it doesn't work :-(

Well, finally I did make it by doing the following:

1. created a log4j.properties file like the one you can find in:
http://www.vipan.com/htdocs/log4jhelp.html

2. placed that file in my Jetty application/servlet path under WEB-INF/classes

Thanks