jetty6 rc3 : mapping virtual hosts and context paths to web apps

jetty6 rc3 : mapping virtual hosts and context paths to web apps

Kamal El Bedraoui
Hello,

I am trying to get the same behaviour as I had with JBoss (using jboss-web.xml) when I define for each web application a context path (often "/") and different domain names (mydomain.com , anotherone.net ...). And I assume that the server will resolve the mapping of a request using the server name first.

This is what I tried inside one of the jetty-web.xml :

<?xml version="1.0"  encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE Configure PUBLIC "-//Mort Bay Consulting//DTD Configure//EN" "http://jetty.mortbay.org/configure.dtd">
<Configure class="org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext">
<Set name="contextPath">/</Set> <!-- all web apps are using same path -->
<Set name="virtualHosts">
<Array type="java.lang.String">
    <Item>domain1.com</Item>
    <Item>subdomain.domain1.com</Item>
</Array>
</Set>
</Configure>

"Error 500" is shown in the web page when I try to access one of the application but nothing is written in the log or the console.
I also have tried in the server.xml to make it work... and googled for every info i could.

Coul I have any help ?

Re: jetty6 rc3 : mapping virtual hosts and context paths to web apps

Greg Wilkins

Kamal,

I can see nothing wrong in the snippet of xml that you have sent?
I just tried it against the test webapp and it worked fine.

Can you try running with -DDEBUG and see if you get more output?

regards

Kamal El Bedraoui wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get the same behaviour as I had with JBoss (using
> jboss-web.xml) when I define for each web application a context path
> (often "/") and different domain names (mydomain.com , anotherone.net
> ...). And I assume that the server will resolve the mapping of a
> request using the server name first.
>
> This is what I tried inside one of the jetty-web.xml :
>
> <?xml version="1.0"  encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
> <!DOCTYPE Configure PUBLIC "-//Mort Bay Consulting//DTD Configure//EN"
> "http://jetty.mortbay.org/configure.dtd">
> <Configure class="org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext">
> <Set name="contextPath">/</Set> <!-- all web apps are using same path -->
> <Set name="virtualHosts">
> <Array type="java.lang.String">
>     <Item>domain1.com</Item>
>     <Item>subdomain.domain1.com</Item>
> </Array>
> </Set>
> </Configure>
>

> "Error 500" is shown in the web page when I try to access one of the
> application but nothing is written in the log or the console.
> I also have tried in the server.xml to make it work... and googled for
> every info i could.
>
> Coul I have any help ?

Greg Wilkins<[hidden email]>  US: +1  3104915462   IT: +39 3349267680
http://www.webtide.com           UK: +44(0)2079932589 AU: +61(0)417786631