[jetty-users] webapp is not found although jetty knows about it

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[jetty-users] webapp is not found although jetty knows about it

kuti
Hello,

After having started a webapp with an embedded jetty the application is
not found. The server debug log shows:
16:30:36.230 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server] REQUEST /psmc/
on
org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector$SelectChannelHttpConnection@1ce6a36@127.0.0.1:8000<->127.0.0.1:34202
16:30:36.231 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler]
scope null||/psmc/ @
o.g.a.p.j.i.JettyPluginWebAppContext{/psmc,file:/usr/home/kuti/projekt/psmc/build/tmp/jettyRunWar/webapp/},/usr/home/kuti/projekt/psmc/build/libs/psmc-streetlighting-vaadin-0.2.0.war
16:30:36.231 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler]
context=/psmc||/ @
o.g.a.p.j.i.JettyPluginWebAppContext{/psmc,file:/usr/home/kuti/projekt/psmc/build/tmp/jettyRunWar/webapp/},/usr/home/kuti/projekt/psmc/build/libs/psmc-streetlighting-vaadin-0.2.0.war
16:30:36.233 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.session]
sessionManager=org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.HashSessionManager@ba93d1#STARTED
16:30:36.233 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.session] session=null
16:30:36.233 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler]
servlet /psmc||/ -> null
16:30:36.240 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server] RESPONSE /psmc/
404


In the browser the page says:
HTTP ERROR: 404
Problem accessing /psmc/. Reason:
    Not Found
Powered by Jetty://

I try to find it under: http://localhost:8000/psmc/

Under root context of http://localhost:8000/ I see:
Error 404 - Not Found.
 No context on this server matched or handled this request.
Contexts known to this server are:
/psmc --->
o.g.a.p.j.i.JettyPluginWebAppContext{/psmc,file:/usr/home/kuti/projekt/psmc/build/tmp/jettyRunWar/webapp/},/usr/home/kuti/projekt/psmc/build/libs/psmc-streetlighting-vaadin-0.2.0.war

This is with jetty-7.5.4.v20111024 (you may see jetty8 in the logs, but
just a work name).

The war is OK for sure, it works with jetty 6.1.25 (firing up via gradle
jetty plugin).


I am experimenting with updating gradle jetty plugin to support jetty
7. Beyond namespace changes seemingly there happened some API usage
changes too.

Any hint what to look for is appreciated!

Zsolt
_______________________________________________
jetty-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jetty-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [jetty-users] webapp is not found although jetty knows about it

Jan Bartel-3
What's the code for deploying the embedded webapp? If you take that
out and run it as a main, does it work?

Jan

On 18 January 2012 02:43, Zsolt Kúti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After having started a webapp with an embedded jetty the application is
> not found. The server debug log shows:
> 16:30:36.230 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server] REQUEST /psmc/
> on
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector$SelectChannelHttpConnection@1ce6a36@127.0.0.1:8000<->127.0.0.1:34202
> 16:30:36.231 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler]
> scope null||/psmc/ @
> o.g.a.p.j.i.JettyPluginWebAppContext{/psmc,file:/usr/home/kuti/projekt/psmc/build/tmp/jettyRunWar/webapp/},/usr/home/kuti/projekt/psmc/build/libs/psmc-streetlighting-vaadin-0.2.0.war
> 16:30:36.231 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler]
> context=/psmc||/ @
> o.g.a.p.j.i.JettyPluginWebAppContext{/psmc,file:/usr/home/kuti/projekt/psmc/build/tmp/jettyRunWar/webapp/},/usr/home/kuti/projekt/psmc/build/libs/psmc-streetlighting-vaadin-0.2.0.war
> 16:30:36.233 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.session]
> sessionManager=org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.HashSessionManager@ba93d1#STARTED
> 16:30:36.233 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.session] session=null
> 16:30:36.233 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler]
> servlet /psmc||/ -> null
> 16:30:36.240 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server] RESPONSE /psmc/
> 404
>
>
> In the browser the page says:
> HTTP ERROR: 404
> Problem accessing /psmc/. Reason:
>    Not Found
> Powered by Jetty://
>
> I try to find it under: http://localhost:8000/psmc/
>
> Under root context of http://localhost:8000/ I see:
> Error 404 - Not Found.
>  No context on this server matched or handled this request.
> Contexts known to this server are:
> /psmc --->
> o.g.a.p.j.i.JettyPluginWebAppContext{/psmc,file:/usr/home/kuti/projekt/psmc/build/tmp/jettyRunWar/webapp/},/usr/home/kuti/projekt/psmc/build/libs/psmc-streetlighting-vaadin-0.2.0.war
>
> This is with jetty-7.5.4.v20111024 (you may see jetty8 in the logs, but
> just a work name).
>
> The war is OK for sure, it works with jetty 6.1.25 (firing up via gradle
> jetty plugin).
>
>
> I am experimenting with updating gradle jetty plugin to support jetty
> 7. Beyond namespace changes seemingly there happened some API usage
> changes too.
>
> Any hint what to look for is appreciated!
>
> Zsolt
> _______________________________________________
> jetty-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jetty-users
_______________________________________________
jetty-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jetty-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [jetty-users] webapp is not found although jetty knows about it

kuti
Wed, 18 Jan 2012 06:55:48 +1100 -n
Jan Bartel <[hidden email]> írta:

> What's the code for deploying the embedded webapp? If you take that
> out and run it as a main, does it work?

Hello Jan,

The problem lies somewhere in the code infrastructure that sets up
the bits of embedding.
However the snippet for embedding a web application context works fine.

The log messages of the plugin showed a webapp context that was
apparently right. Callling the server with the root context path,
showed the server has some knowledge about the webapp context, but
can't access it eventually.

OK, if it does not ring a bell, I am going to try something else.

Thanks _
Zsolt
_______________________________________________
jetty-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jetty-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [jetty-users] webapp is not found although jetty knows about it

Jesse McConnell
if you call dump on the server it should give you an idea how it is
all wired up...its possible you are missing a handler being added in
the right place

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
[hidden email]



On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 09:01, Zsolt Kúti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wed, 18 Jan 2012 06:55:48 +1100 -n
> Jan Bartel <[hidden email]> írta:
>
>> What's the code for deploying the embedded webapp? If you take that
>> out and run it as a main, does it work?
>
> Hello Jan,
>
> The problem lies somewhere in the code infrastructure that sets up
> the bits of embedding.
> However the snippet for embedding a web application context works fine.
>
> The log messages of the plugin showed a webapp context that was
> apparently right. Callling the server with the root context path,
> showed the server has some knowledge about the webapp context, but
> can't access it eventually.
>
> OK, if it does not ring a bell, I am going to try something else.
>
> Thanks _
> Zsolt
> _______________________________________________
> jetty-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jetty-users
_______________________________________________
jetty-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jetty-users