[jetty-users] jetty handlers versus servlets

[jetty-users] jetty handlers versus servlets

S Ahmed
If I have a simple endpoint that captures data from a http post, I'm thinking a jetty handler might be lighter than using servlets.

But it does tie my implementation into jetty.

Other than that, is there any performance gains with going with a native jetty handler over a servlet implementation?

i.e. what do I gain?

Re: [jetty-users] jetty handlers versus servlets

Jesse McConnell
with a simple handler you don't have any of the weight of the servlet API

so your correct it would be lighter weight but it does tie you to
jetty.  If your willing to give up the whole servlet, filters, etc etc
then handlers are a simple way to go

you gain...less code between your request and your response :)

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
[hidden email]