[jetty-users] jetty-distribution maven dependencies missing

[jetty-users] jetty-distribution maven dependencies missing

Jonathan Albrecht

I’m trying to include the jetty distribution in a maven project with:

        <dependency>

            <groupId>org.eclipse.jetty</groupId>

            <artifactId>jetty-distribution</artifactId>

            <version>9.1.4.v20140401</version>

            <type>zip</type>

        </dependency>

But when I build with maven I get:

Could not find artifact org.eclipse.jetty:test-jetty-webapp:war:9.1.4.v20140401…

This used to work with jetty 8 because the test-jetty-webapp and similar dependencies were in maven central but now in the 9.x series it isn’t.

Is there some way to make it work?

Thanks,

Jon

Re: [jetty-users] jetty-distribution maven dependencies missing

Joakim Erdfelt-9
Good point, we'll fix this for the next Jetty release.
To be fair, having the zip as a dependency is rather strange.

If you are unpacking or using the dependency plugin with the jetty-distribution, it might make more sense to use it as an <artifactItem> in the plugin configuration specifically.
Or you could use the assembly plugin and its descriptor xml to unpack / include the distribution too.

--
Joakim Erdfelt <[hidden email]>
Expert advice, services and support from from the Jetty & CometD experts

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Jonathan Albrecht <[hidden email]> wrote:

I’m trying to include the jetty distribution in a maven project with:

        <dependency>

            <groupId>org.eclipse.jetty</groupId>

            <artifactId>jetty-distribution</artifactId>

            <version>9.1.4.v20140401</version>

            <type>zip</type>

        </dependency>

But when I build with maven I get:

Could not find artifact org.eclipse.jetty:test-jetty-webapp:war:9.1.4.v20140401…

This used to work with jetty 8 because the test-jetty-webapp and similar dependencies were in maven central but now in the 9.x series it isn’t.

Is there some way to make it work?

Thanks,

Jon

Re: [jetty-users] jetty-distribution maven dependencies missing

Jonathan Albrecht

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ll look into your suggestions as well. We’re saddled with a rather strange build system right now so I don’t have much flexibility.

Jon

Re: [jetty-users] jetty-distribution maven dependencies missing

Jesse McConnell
this pom.xml has an example of what joakim was talking about

http://git.codehaus.org/gitweb.cgi?p=jetty-project.git;a=blob;f=jetty-hightide/pom.xml;h=aa56ceb584da88044f5000cb36e3414cd24bbc18;hb=HEAD
--
jesse mcconnell
[hidden email]

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Jonathan Albrecht
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply. I’ll look into your suggestions as well. We’re
> saddled with a rather strange build system right now so I don’t have much
> flexibility.
>

> Jon

Thanks, that's a big help. I'm stuck with an ant build that is using the ant maven 'dependencies'  task to grab some things. I'll see if I can make things more sane.

Jon

mneelapu
The problem exists version 9.3.3.v20150827. Missing artifact org.eclipse.jetty:test-jetty-webapp:war:9.3.3.v20150827 when using jetty-distribution for zip file