[jetty-users] general embedded jetty questions

[jetty-users] general embedded jetty questions

S Ahmed
My embedded jetty 'main' looks like:

      Server server = new Server(8090);

        ContextHandler contextHandler = new ContextHandler();
        contextHandler.setContextPath("/some/path");
        contextHandler.setResourceBase(".");
        contextHandler.setClassLoader(Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader());

        server.setHandler(contextHandler);
        server.setHandler(new SomeHandler(someService));

        server.start();
        server.join();

1. I created the context handler so I could create a context path so people will go to /some/path and then SomeHandler will response.   (but the problem is going to just / also fires the SomeHandler....)
   Can I add this contextPath to SomeHandler somehow?  My SomeHandler looks like:

public class SomeHandler extends AbstractHandler

2. Can I have SomeHandler ONLY response to POST requests?

3. Not sure what the default thread pool settings are if I don't explicitly set it?  Is queued thread pool the suggested pool to use?

Re: [jetty-users] general embedded jetty questions

Thomas Becker
Hi S Ahmed,

in your case a Servlet is the better fit. Instead using a handler write a servlet and only override the doPost() method if you only want to reply to POST requests. Use the servlet tutorials provided by Oracle or any other of the million tutorials in the web on how to do so.

How to run servlets embedded is described in the jetty wiki @ eclipse: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Tutorial/Embedding_Jetty

Have fun,
Thomas

On 4/16/12 11:12 PM, S Ahmed wrote:
[...]

thomas becker
[hidden email]

http://webtide.com / http://intalio.com
(the folks behind jetty and cometd)

Re: [jetty-users] general embedded jetty questions

S Ahmed
How can I map the same servlet to 2 different urls?

I have this so far:

Server server = new Server(8090);

        ServletContextHandler servletContextHandler = new ServletContextHandler();
        servletContextHandler.setContextPath("/my_api");
        servletContextHandler.addServlet(new ServletHolder(new MyServlet()), "/first/path");

        server.setHandler(servletContextHandler);

        logger.info("starting jetty");
        server.start();
        server.join();

Can I map it to another url also?

Also, what is the default pool size and pool type? is it quedthreadpool?

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:57 AM, Thomas Becker <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hoping someone could help me on this, this is a web service endpoint and I have to support the servlet being fired by 2 different url structures (if possible), so like:

/my_api/first/path

/some/other/path

I have this currently:

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 1:01 PM, S Ahmed <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thomas SEGISMONT
You should use a context handler collection
See documentation  http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Tutorial/Embedding_Jetty#Configuring_a_Context_Handler_Collection

Le 23/05/2012 17:30, S Ahmed a écrit :
[...]

Andrei
You can take a look at my Mongodb rest server as example, which is
Jetty embedded
https://sites.google.com/site/mongodbjavarestserver/home