[jetty-users] clear steps when upgrading jetty

[jetty-users] clear steps when upgrading jetty

S Ahmed
Is there a clear/concise document on how to upgrade a deployed application?

I'm running ubuntu, would you suggest I install jetty using apt-get or from source?

I'm trying to automate this process so I can bring up a server from scratch, but one thing I am uncertain of is how would I go about upgrading jetty once it is running.

Re: [jetty-users] clear steps when upgrading jetty

S Ahmed
any tips?

Curious how others go about doing this?

I'm not really referring to upgrading when their is a major version change, but rather patch updates or a .1 to .3 upgrade.

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM, S Ahmed <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a clear/concise document on how to upgrade a deployed application?

I'm running ubuntu, would you suggest I install jetty using apt-get or from source?

I'm trying to automate this process so I can bring up a server from scratch, but one thing I am uncertain of is how would I go about upgrading jetty once it is running.

Re: [jetty-users] clear steps when upgrading jetty

Jesse McConnell
I would avoid the apt-get upgrades, unless your distro is taking steps
the make sure they get laid out correctly, etc...

personally I don't know anyone that would trust someone else to get
upgrades done automatically on a production machine using something
like that for a java application...

typically we see people operate on either the distribution and maybe
symlink the webapps directory....or just use embedded jetty and
produce their own distribution that does things the way they want,
then jetty is just another component in their application.

either way is fine really, there is no one right canonical way to do
things with jetty, you can use and abuse it anyway you like

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
[hidden email]