[jetty-users] benchmarking sample code

S Ahmed
I want to benchmark my application, and was hoping there was some sample code that I could model my code from.

Basically I need to make a http post to my servlet handler, sending it a xml file.

I have used apache bench so far, and looked at jmeter but was hoping I could jus write this bit myself as I need to modify the xml file per http post (or every x that I post).

I am looking to see how things work when I hit the site and sustain around 3K requests per second.

Are there any good samples of this type of benchmarking that I could look at?

I have used apache bench already, but want a little more control in terms of the xml file that I am posting (the xml file contains user credentials that I want to mix and match etc.)

Re: [jetty-users] benchmarking sample code

Jesse McConnell
the jetty-client is the way we typically test jetty itself

there are a number of examples of its usage scattered throughout our
test cases, most of what you need in the tests of jetty-client itself
I suspect

You can also look to the BayeuxClient in the cometd project as a solid
example of what can be done with it

also the websocket client is based on it as well in jetty-websocket I believe

alternately I have heard good things of netty as a client as well if
you want to try something different

cheers,
jesse

--