[jetty-users] NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.isAsyncSupported()Z

[jetty-users] NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.isAsyncSupported()Z

makc
hello again,

I'm getting this error

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.isAsyncSupported()Z
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ResourceHandler.handle(ResourceHandler.java:509)

There is this line

https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/blob/master/jetty-server/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/server/handler/ResourceHandler.java#L509

At that line you see if (request.isAsyncSupported() check on "request"
argument typed as HttpServletRequest which, in servlet-api-3.1.jar,
does not have this method "isAsyncSupported"

The actual argument is of type Request, and does have the method, but
apparently the java is not happy. What do I do to make it happy?

Thanks.

Re: [jetty-users] NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.isAsyncSupported()Z

Neil Williams
ServletRequest, the HttpServletRequest parent interface does appear to have this method.

Where did you source your servlet 3.1 jar from?

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Makc <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

the jar is from
http://eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/jetty/stable-9/dist/jetty-distribution-9.1.2.v20140210.zip&r=1

indeed the method is there in parent interface, if I open it in idea
:S never the less, if I type request.isA it shows up red, idea can't
find it... it is almost like if I have another version of this class
somewhere that takes the precedence.

Re: [jetty-users] NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.isAsyncSupported()Z

makc
indeed there was version 2.4 in groovy. solved :)