[jetty-users] Jetty OSGi boot in 8.1.7

Mikhail Mazursky
Hello.

Under Jetty 7.5.1 i use org.eclipse.jetty.osgi.boot.OSGiAppProvider to
deploy my webapp to Jetty under OSGi.
Trying to migrate to 8.1.7 but the class seems to be replaced by
org.eclipse.jetty.osgi.boot.ServiceWebAppProvider. Are there any
examples how to configure it in jetty.xml? I can't find any.

Thanks in advance.

Re: [jetty-users] Jetty OSGi boot in 8.1.7

Hugues Malphettes
Hi Mikhail,
In jetty-7.6.6 and 8.1.7 the OSGi API and configuration have been
streamlined to look like other deployers in jetty.
Here is the default configuration of the deployer:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.project.git/tree/jetty-osgi/jetty-osgi-boot/jettyhome/etc/jetty-deployer.xml?h=jetty-8

Note that by default jetty will look for the 3 files, etc/jetty.xml,
etc/jetty-selector.xml and etc/jetty-deployer.xml

Let us know how it goes
Hugues

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Mikhail Mazursky <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Under Jetty 7.5.1 i use org.eclipse.jetty.osgi.boot.OSGiAppProvider to
> deploy my webapp to Jetty under OSGi.
> Trying to migrate to 8.1.7 but the class seems to be replaced by
> org.eclipse.jetty.osgi.boot.ServiceWebAppProvider. Are there any
> examples how to configure it in jetty.xml? I can't find any.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Re: [jetty-users] Jetty OSGi boot in 8.1.7

Mikhail Mazursky
Hi, thanks for help, but seems like Jetty do not see my ContextHandler
service [1].
I copied those 3 files and it now at least starts.
You may take a look at the code here [2], if interested.

What else can go wrong? Is there a working sample somewhere?

Thanks.

[1]: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/Jetty_OSGi#The_OSGi_service_.27org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.27
[2]: https://github.com/ash2k/osgi-jetty-playground

2012/10/4 Hugues Malphettes <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Mikhail,
> In jetty-7.6.6 and 8.1.7 the OSGi API and configuration have been
> streamlined to look like other deployers in jetty.
> Here is the default configuration of the deployer:
> http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.project.git/tree/jetty-osgi/jetty-osgi-boot/jettyhome/etc/jetty-deployer.xml?h=jetty-8
>
> Note that by default jetty will look for the 3 files, etc/jetty.xml,
> etc/jetty-selector.xml and etc/jetty-deployer.xml
>
> Let us know how it goes
> Hugues
>

> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Mikhail Mazursky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> Under Jetty 7.5.1 i use org.eclipse.jetty.osgi.boot.OSGiAppProvider to
>> deploy my webapp to Jetty under OSGi.
>> Trying to migrate to 8.1.7 but the class seems to be replaced by
>> org.eclipse.jetty.osgi.boot.ServiceWebAppProvider. Are there any
>> examples how to configure it in jetty.xml? I can't find any.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

Re: [jetty-users] Jetty OSGi boot in 8.1.7

Hugues Malphettes
Hi Mikhail,

Nice setup to reproduce the problem.

Once I stopped and started the bundle com.ash2k.example.osgi-wadl
jetty-osgi did pick up the context handler and deployed it.

I am looking into why the context handler was not deployed in the first place.

A workaround would consist of making the jetty-osgi-boot bundle start
before the osgi-wadl bundle.

I hope this helps.
Hugues