[jetty-users] Jetty 7.5.4 OSGi

Craig Ching
Hi,

I just upgraded from 7.4.0 to 7.5.4 and I think there's a bad OSGi header in jetty-jsp-2.1.  It has the fragment host set to the symbolic name "org.apache.jasper.glassfish", but it appears that with the change to the new jar file "jsp-impl-xxx.jar" the fragment host should be "org.glassfish.web.jsp-impl".  Fixing the header to be as I suggest fixed a very nasty problem in our environment ;-)

Cheers,
Craig

Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 7.5.4 OSGi

Jesse McConnell
is this still an issue for the 7.6.0.RC4 bundles?

http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/updates/jetty-bundles-7.x/7.6.0.RC4/

cheers,
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
[hidden email]

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 12:52, Craig Ching <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded from 7.4.0 to 7.5.4 and I think there's a bad OSGi header in
> jetty-jsp-2.1.  It has the fragment host set to the symbolic name
> "org.apache.jasper.glassfish", but it appears that with the change to the
> new jar file "jsp-impl-xxx.jar" the fragment host should be
> "org.glassfish.web.jsp-impl".  Fixing the header to be as I suggest fixed a
> very nasty problem in our environment ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Craig

Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 7.5.4 OSGi

Craig Ching
I can have a look, certainly.  We're still having a problem with getting the jetty-jsp-2.1 bundle to resolve, but it isn't manifesting as a problem for us at the moment, surprisingly.  This is all 7.5.4, but I can look at 7.6.0.RC4 tonight, I'm going to set up a minimal test environment just including jetty.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Jesse McConnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
is this still an issue for the 7.6.0.RC4 bundles?

http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/updates/jetty-bundles-7.x/7.6.0.RC4/

cheers,
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
[hidden email]

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 12:52, Craig Ching <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded from 7.4.0 to 7.5.4 and I think there's a bad OSGi header in
> jetty-jsp-2.1.  It has the fragment host set to the symbolic name
> "org.apache.jasper.glassfish", but it appears that with the change to the
> new jar file "jsp-impl-xxx.jar" the fragment host should be
> "org.glassfish.web.jsp-impl".  Fixing the header to be as I suggest fixed a
> very nasty problem in our environment ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Craig

Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 7.5.4 OSGi

Jesse McConnell
oh wait, that module was dropped actually in favor of the jsp
dependencies that are in orbit now

are you consuming out of orbit by chance?

 if not then you can use them from here where I published them to central

http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/jetty/orbit/

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
[hidden email]

What was dropped?  I downloaded a zipped distribution from the eclipse site and I looked at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/jetty/ (which is ultimately where we get our artifacts from).  The Fragment Host was wrong in both of those.  Should I be using the orbit artifacts instead then?  How are they different, is the licensing the same (EPL or ASL 2.0)?