[jetty-users] JSP compilation

Christopher Richmond
Hello,

I am running an embedded Jetty 7.5.4 instance in my java code and I
have added some JSP pages to a servlet.  The problem when I deploy my
application is I get the problem:

Javac exception, Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK

What can I do to satisfy embedded jetty.  I surely dont' have to
include some component of the JDK(tools.jar) on my classpath do I?
That doesn't make sense to have to have jdk components on a deployed
application.

THere must be an easy solution to this

Thanks

Re: [jetty-users] JSP compilation

Jan Bartel-3
You are going to need a compiler of some sort unless you precompile
your jsps (recommended on production systems anyway).

Here's the info you need:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Howto/Configure_JSP

Jan