[jetty-dev] qtp threads in TIMED_WAITING - Jetty version 9.4.5

[jetty-dev] qtp threads in TIMED_WAITING - Jetty version 9.4.5

upendar devu
We see qtp threads in TIMED_WAITING and not getting cleanedup . Jetty version 9.4.5 . could anyone please suggest how to clean these threads ?

Name: qtp371439501-279
State: TIMED_WAITING on java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject@694efb3f
Total blocked: 857  Total waited: 1,401

Stack trace:
sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.parkNanos(LockSupport.java:215)
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.awaitNanos(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:2078)
org.eclipse.jetty.util.BlockingArrayQueue.poll(BlockingArrayQueue.java:392)
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.idleJobPoll(QueuedThreadPool.java:564)
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.access$800(QueuedThreadPool.java:49)
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:627)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Re: [jetty-dev] [jetty-users] qtp threads in TIMED_WAITING - Jetty version 9.4.5

upendar devu
Thanks for the response , I think we are using the default Jetty configuration and nothing is set explicitly   i.e  the idleTimeout is 60 seconds ; I see the threads are getting removed eventually and reaching to minimum threads  8   supposed to be 10 if its default jetty right ?. removal of threads taking little longer than expected.

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 1:12 PM, Joakim Erdfelt <[hidden email]> wrote:
This stack trace means that the thread is idle in the Jetty thread pool.
That is normal.

The threadpool will scale back its idle threads over time based on your configuration in the QueuedThreadPool.
The QueuedThreadPool idle timeout setting determines when it will be eligible to be removed.
The threads will fall off over time until it reaches QueuedThreadPool minimum threads.