[jetty-dev] deriving a list of historical fixes over jetty versions?

[jetty-dev] deriving a list of historical fixes over jetty versions?

Brian Reichert
On the heels of the recent announcement of the latest jetty 9.3.x
release, I wanted to make a case for upgrading the earlier version
we're running.

I wanted to review, and present to others, a list of issues that
have been resolved since we adopted 9.3.8.v20160314.

In other projects, I'm used to an ever-growing file named 'changelist',
or the like, the would span several point releases.

I do see in the announcement a list of five bugs that were cleaned
up since the last point release, but I'm looking to data that spans
point releases.

I can see the bug database itself, but I seem to lack the knowledge
of how to get it to reveal bugs listed in chronological order.

  https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues

Does anyone have any pointers I can follow?

--
Brian Reichert <[hidden email]>
BSD admin/developer at large

Re: [jetty-dev] deriving a list of historical fixes over jetty versions?

Chris Walker
Brian,

The Version.txt included in the Jetty distribution contains a list of all the bugs fixed for each release.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Best,
Chris

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Brian Reichert <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jesse McConnell
it is also published to maven central with each release

It is also present in the jetty-distribution itself as VERSION.txt

cheers,
Jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
[hidden email]

On Wed, Jun 07, 2017 at 10:11:44AM -0500, Jesse McConnell wrote:
> it is also published to maven central with each release
>
> http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/jetty/jetty-project/9.4.6.v20170531/jetty-project-9.4.6.v20170531-version.txt
>
> It is also present in the jetty-distribution itself as VERSION.txt
>
> cheers,
> Jesse

Thanks to both of you; this is exactly what I was looking for.