[jetty-dev] Staged Potential Release: Jetty 9.2.22.v20170531

[jetty-dev] Staged Potential Release: Jetty 9.2.22.v20170531

Joakim Erdfelt-8
  • jetty-runner fix for bad manifest main-class
  • updated alpn support to Java 8u131
  • timing channel fix in Password.java
  • mime type determination fix in PathResource filename
  • backport (from jetty-9.3.x) of SslContextFactory.dump() to indicate selection details
This is a potential release of the Jetty 9.2.x branch, and exists on a oss.sonatype.org staging repository.
Pending approval, this specific staged release will be promoted to official and start to show up in the usual places.

Staging Repository:

Joakim Erdfelt / [hidden email]

Re: [jetty-dev] Staged Potential Release: Jetty 9.2.22.v20170531

Andreas Stubenrauch
Hi,

sorry for not opening a ticket earlier but please note that since 9.2.21
the logfile rotation does not work anymore. Similar to #1357 from 9.4.x
I think it was introduce with commit
de18e4540bb9fd2cbc78ef392da2a4a3374301ee.

BR,
Andreas

On 01.06.2017 02:36, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:

> https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/releases/tag/jetty-9.2.22.v20170531
>
>   * jetty-runner fix for bad manifest main-class
>   * updated alpn support to Java 8u131
>   * timing channel fix in Password.java
>   * mime type determination fix in PathResource filename
>   * backport (from jetty-9.3.x) of SslContextFactory.dump() to indicate
>     selection details
>
> This is a potential release of the Jetty 9.2.x branch, and exists on a
> oss.sonatype.org <http://oss.sonatype.org> staging repository.
> Pending approval, this specific staged release will be promoted to
> official and start to show up in the usual places.
>
> Staging Repository:
> https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/jetty-1320/
>
> Joakim Erdfelt / [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: [jetty-dev] Staged Potential Release: Jetty 9.2.22.v20170531

Joakim Erdfelt-8
Please file an issue at https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues with your discoveries.
This isn't immediately reproducible here, so we are likely missing something.

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 12:20 AM, Andreas Stubenrauch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

sorry for not opening a ticket earlier but please note that since 9.2.21
the logfile rotation does not work anymore. Similar to #1357 from 9.4.x
I think it was introduce with commit
de18e4540bb9fd2cbc78ef392da2a4a3374301ee.

BR,
Andreas

On 01.06.2017 02:36, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:
> https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/releases/tag/jetty-9.2.22.v20170531
>
>   * jetty-runner fix for bad manifest main-class
>   * updated alpn support to Java 8u131
>   * timing channel fix in Password.java
>   * mime type determination fix in PathResource filename
>   * backport (from jetty-9.3.x) of SslContextFactory.dump() to indicate
>     selection details
>
> This is a potential release of the Jetty 9.2.x branch, and exists on a
> oss.sonatype.org <http://oss.sonatype.org> staging repository.
> Pending approval, this specific staged release will be promoted to
> official and start to show up in the usual places.
>
> Staging Repository:
> https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/jetty-1320/
>
> Joakim Erdfelt / [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: [jetty-dev] Staged Potential Release: Jetty 9.2.22.v20170531

Greg Wilkins
Joakim,

Perhaps we should just backport the current RolloverOutputStream from 9.3. to 9.2, as it has a few changes. I'm compiling now to check all is OK

On 1 June 2017 at 17:51, Joakim Erdfelt <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please file an issue at https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues with your discoveries.
This isn't immediately reproducible here, so we are likely missing something.

Joakim Erdfelt / [hidden email]

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 12:20 AM, Andreas Stubenrauch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

sorry for not opening a ticket earlier but please note that since 9.2.21
the logfile rotation does not work anymore. Similar to #1357 from 9.4.x
I think it was introduce with commit
de18e4540bb9fd2cbc78ef392da2a4a3374301ee.

BR,
Andreas

On 01.06.2017 02:36, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:
> https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/releases/tag/jetty-9.2.22.v20170531
>
>   * jetty-runner fix for bad manifest main-class
>   * updated alpn support to Java 8u131
>   * timing channel fix in Password.java
>   * mime type determination fix in PathResource filename
>   * backport (from jetty-9.3.x) of SslContextFactory.dump() to indicate
>     selection details
>
> This is a potential release of the Jetty 9.2.x branch, and exists on a
> oss.sonatype.org <http://oss.sonatype.org> staging repository.
> Pending approval, this specific staged release will be promoted to
> official and start to show up in the usual places.
>
> Staging Repository:
> https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/jetty-1320/
>
> Joakim Erdfelt / [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: [jetty-dev] Staged Potential Release: Jetty 9.2.22.v20170531

Joakim Erdfelt-8
The backport will be tough, lots of Java 1.8 techinques and classes are used in RolloverFileOutputStream that are incompatible for Jetty 9.2.x

Andreas Stubenrauch has reported something new with RolloverFileOutputStream.
The bug linked to and commits are not relevant for Jetty 9.2.x as that older Jetty is not using the Java 1.8 techniques present in Jetty 9.3.x+ that triggered the fault there.

On 2 June 2017 at 02:02, Joakim Erdfelt <[hidden email]> wrote:
The backport will be tough, lots of Java 1.8 techinques and classes are used in RolloverFileOutputStream that are incompatible for Jetty 9.2.x

I just copied the 9.3 source into 9.2 and was able to build fine with java 7.

Full build fails for me with ContextHandlerGetResourceTest.afterClass:114 NullPointer, but that is unrelated.

Re: [jetty-dev] Staged Potential Release: Jetty 9.2.22.v20170531

Joakim Erdfelt-8
I'm dropping this staged release.
I can confirm the bug after some overnight testing on various platforms.

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 6:34 AM, Joakim Erdfelt <[hidden email]> wrote:
Use a Java 7 JDK, you'll quickly see the issue.

Joakim Erdfelt / [hidden email]

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 12:16 AM, Greg Wilkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 2 June 2017 at 02:02, Joakim Erdfelt <[hidden email]> wrote:
The backport will be tough, lots of Java 1.8 techinques and classes are used in RolloverFileOutputStream that are incompatible for Jetty 9.2.x

I just copied the 9.3 source into 9.2 and was able to build fine with java 7.

Full build fails for me with ContextHandlerGetResourceTest.afterClass:114 NullPointer, but that is unrelated.

Re: [jetty-dev] Staged Potential Release: Jetty 9.2.22.v20170531

Joakim Erdfelt-8
A new issue has been filed at https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/1590

I'll be doing this work in an issue branch.