[jetty-dev] Jetty SPDY

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[jetty-dev] Jetty SPDY

bassmanitram
I have been trying out the SPDY connector in Jetty 7.6.3v20120416 and
have an issue with Google Chrome and files that are larger than 65535
bytes.

Basically these files get truncated in the browser with an unspecified
error logged by Chrome (shows no problems). Firefox receives them
happily (well, FF 12 on Windows does - I get no responses whatsoever
under Linux - not sure what that's all about).

I'm not sure this is a Jetty problem - since the pages work in FF, but
I'm trying to follow up all possible threads.

Any takers?

Martin Bartlett
_______________________________________________
jetty-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jetty-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty SPDY

Thomas Becker
Hi Martin,

I will do some local tests with the SPDY connector and a big file on
Wednesday to verify if this is a jetty issue or not. We've a bank
holiday tomorrow, so it'll take a day more. I'll keep you updated.

Cheers,
Thomas

On Mon Apr 30 17:59:38 2012, Martin Bartlett wrote:

> I have been trying out the SPDY connector in Jetty 7.6.3v20120416 and
> have an issue with Google Chrome and files that are larger than 65535
> bytes.
>
> Basically these files get truncated in the browser with an unspecified
> error logged by Chrome (shows no problems). Firefox receives them
> happily (well, FF 12 on Windows does - I get no responses whatsoever
> under Linux - not sure what that's all about).
>
> I'm not sure this is a Jetty problem - since the pages work in FF, but
> I'm trying to follow up all possible threads.
>
> Any takers?
>
> Martin Bartlett
> _______________________________________________
> jetty-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jetty-dev

--
thomas becker
[hidden email]

http://webtide.com / http://intalio.com
(the folks behind jetty and cometd)
_______________________________________________
jetty-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jetty-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty SPDY

Simone Bordet-2
In reply to this post by bassmanitram
Hi,

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 17:59, Martin Bartlett
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have been trying out the SPDY connector in Jetty 7.6.3v20120416 and
> have an issue with Google Chrome and files that are larger than 65535
> bytes.

to my knowledge, Chromium/Chrome does not implement flow control, but
Jetty/SPDY does, and 64 KiB is the window size.
We'll need to find a way to disable flow control on the server.
Note that originally, flow control was defined in SPDY/2, but never
implemented in Chromium, so was moved to SPDY/3 :|

Could be just that, but Thomas will verify and we'll come up with a
solution if that's the problem.

Simon
--
http://cometd.org
http://intalio.com
http://bordet.blogspot.com
----
Finally, no matter how good the architecture and design are,
to deliver bug-free software with optimal performance and reliability,
the implementation technique must be flawless.   Victoria Livschitz
_______________________________________________
jetty-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jetty-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty SPDY

Thomas Becker
FYI: We've identified the problem. It's as Simone already guessed,
missing flow control in chromium. It seems to be implemented in FF12
windows, but not on FF12 MacOs/linux.

However we'll fix that on jetty side. So it'll work fine with and
without flow control.

On Tue May  1 00:08:10 2012, Simone Bordet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 17:59, Martin Bartlett
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> I have been trying out the SPDY connector in Jetty 7.6.3v20120416 and
>> have an issue with Google Chrome and files that are larger than 65535
>> bytes.
>
> to my knowledge, Chromium/Chrome does not implement flow control, but
> Jetty/SPDY does, and 64 KiB is the window size.
> We'll need to find a way to disable flow control on the server.
> Note that originally, flow control was defined in SPDY/2, but never
> implemented in Chromium, so was moved to SPDY/3 :|
>
> Could be just that, but Thomas will verify and we'll come up with a
> solution if that's the problem.
>
> Simon

--
thomas becker
[hidden email]

http://webtide.com / http://intalio.com
(the folks behind jetty and cometd)
_______________________________________________
jetty-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jetty-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty SPDY

bassmanitram
In reply to this post by bassmanitram
Excellent news, thanks guys.

(I should probably start another thread for this one, but here goes
anyway - anyone working on a simple way to configure server push for a
particular resource? I.e. you get a page request and before returning
the data for that page, read a config resource somewhere that says
what associated resources to push up to the client. If not, I may take
a stab at it. If so, where can I find some info?).

Martin

> FYI: We've identified the problem. It's as Simone already guessed,
> missing flow control in chromium. It seems to be implemented in FF12
> windows, but not on FF12 MacOs/linux.
>
> However we'll fix that on jetty side. So it'll work fine with and
> without flow control.
>
_______________________________________________
jetty-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jetty-dev