[jetty-dev] Jetty SPDY push strategies

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Martin Bartlett
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Excellent news, thanks guys.
>
> (I should probably start another thread for this one, but here goes
> anyway - anyone working on a simple way to configure server push for a
> particular resource? I.e. you get a page request and before returning
> the data for that page, read a config resource somewhere that says
> what associated resources to push up to the client. If not, I may take
> a stab at it. If so, where can I find some info?).

We're working on that too :)

We have an initial implementation that does not need any additional
external metadata, but the strategy will be pluggable.

The idea is to use the "Referer" HTTP header to link associated
resources to a main resource, and build the metadata in that way.
The first hit will be "normal" with the browser requesting all
resources, but the second hit will push resources built with the first
hit, if they're are not already been sent.
The latter is the tricky part, but as a first iteration we may just always push.

We will allow for pluggability of the strategy, so for example one can
provide an index.html.spdy.push file that, if present, lists the
resources to push.

Suggestions are welcome.

Simon
http://intalio.com
http://bordet.blogspot.com
the implementation technique must be flawless.   Victoria Livschitz

Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty SPDY push strategies

bassmanitram

Referer header : clever! The list scheme idea comes from the SPDY book and the node.js implementation of push.

Lemme know when something is testable -  I'd love to help out!

Martin

Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty SPDY push strategies

Jesse McConnell
i would recommend hopping on irc with them and chatting

irc.freenode.net #jetty

they are tbecker and sbordet

cheers,
jesse