[jetty-dev] Jetty 9.4.10 Release Plans?

Varun Thacker
In SOLR-12265, I wanted to upgrade Jetty to 9.4.9

I was pointed out that Jetty 9.4.10 is probably very close since the RC is available on maven central but I couldn't find a vote / release thread on the dev list archives.

Is there another list that I should be looking at?

Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty 9.4.10 Release Plans?

Joakim Erdfelt-8
Milestone and Release Candidate releases are unstable/testing releases and don't go through all of the requirements of a formal release.
Typically a Milestone or Release Candidate release is seen when working with other projects that are pushing through some kind of issue they are having.

The conversation on Milestone / Release Candidate releases are often seen on other issue tracking systems (like spring, conscrypt, cometd, eclipse ide, etc).

The formal releases enter a staging process, a period of testing, soliciting feedback in numerous forms (irc, mailing lists, issue tracker, gitter, stackoverflow, etc).
A major version release goes through a release review at Eclipse legal.
Any new dependencies go through approval at Eclipse legal.
The promotion to release occurs when the feedback warrants it.
When the promotion is verified, the apidocs are published, download.eclipse.org is updated, and ...
A formal release announcement is made on jetty-announce mailing list.
After that, all of the followup work occurs (eclipse p2 repositories, documentation promotion, rolling older releases to archive status on download.eclipse.org, etc ...)

Joakim Erdfelt / [hidden email]

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 2:54 PM, Varun Thacker <[hidden email]> wrote:
In SOLR-12265, I wanted to upgrade Jetty to 9.4.9

I was pointed out that Jetty 9.4.10 is probably very close since the RC is available on maven central but I couldn't find a vote / release thread on the dev list archives.

Is there another list that I should be looking at?

Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty 9.4.10 Release Plans?

Varun Thacker
Hi Joakim,

Thanks for the explanation.

Is there a rough estimate to when will 9.4.10 be out? Just wondering if we should wait for it or go with 9.4.9 for now and then upgrade to 9.4.10 at a later stage .

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 1:14 PM, Joakim Erdfelt <[hidden email]> wrote:
Milestone and Release Candidate releases are unstable/testing releases and don't go through all of the requirements of a formal release.
Typically a Milestone or Release Candidate release is seen when working with other projects that are pushing through some kind of issue they are having.

The conversation on Milestone / Release Candidate releases are often seen on other issue tracking systems (like spring, conscrypt, cometd, eclipse ide, etc).

Got it. Thanks for clarifying that. In the Lucene/Solr world we send out a mailing list thread for an RC so I was expecting something similar here .