[jetty-dev] API suggestions for testing of two-way serialization via ServletTester

[jetty-dev] API suggestions for testing of two-way serialization via ServletTester

Helge Weissig
After beating my head against the wall about how to make two-way serialization work with ServletTester and HttpTester, I came up with a utility method that does the trick: https://gist.github.com/2502765 . I think it would be nice to have this as part of the jetty API and I would be happy to contribute the code for it but I am looking for suggestions on where to bind it into the existing API.

On the request side, I suppose a simple setContent(byte[]) method would do. On the response parsing side, one would probably have to look at the Content-Type header.

Of course, I also welcome any feedback on what I feel is still a somewhat kludgy implementation.

cheers,
h.