jetty crashing

Sreekandh Iyer
Jetty frequently failing with following error.

Setup:
Java - IBM Java1.4.2
OS: RedHat 8.0
Jetty version: 4.22

Once i get the failure then only way is to restart the machine.

Any help appreciated.

- sree

Error:
Unexpected exception has occurred:
ReportedExceptionCode = b, at ExceptionAddress = 4012d100
         ACCESS_VIOLATION occured outside Interpreter and JITed code
         ExecMode = EXECMODE_BYTECODE
Unexpected exception has occurred:
ReportedExceptionCode = b, at ExceptionAddress = 4012d100
         ACCESS_VIOLATION occured outside Interpreter and JITed code
         ExecMode = EXECMODE_BYTECODE
Unexpected exception has occurred:
ReportedExceptionCode = b, at ExceptionAddress = 40102b01
         ACCESS_VIOLATION occured outside Interpreter and JITed code
         ExecMode = EXECMODE_BYTECODE
Unexpected exception has occurred:
ReportedExceptionCode = b, at ExceptionAddress = 40102b01
         ACCESS_VIOLATION occured outside Interpreter and JITed code
         ExecMode = EXECMODE_BYTECODE
Unexpected exception has occurred:
ReportedExceptionCode = b, at ExceptionAddress = 40102b01
         ACCESS_VIOLATION occured outside Interpreter and JITed code
         ExecMode = EXECMODE_BYTECODE
Unexpected exception has occurred:
ReportedExceptionCode = b, at ExceptionAddress = 4012d100
         ACCESS_VIOLATION occured outside Interpreter and JITed code
         ExecMode = EXECMODE_BYTECODE
JVMDG217: Dump Handler is Processing a Signal - Please Wait.
Unexpected exception has occurred:
ReportedExceptionCode = b, at ExceptionAddress = 40086332
         ACCESS_VIOLATION occured outside Interpreter and JITed code
         ExecMode = EXECMODE_BYTECODE
Unexpected exception has occurred:
ReportedExceptionCode = b, at ExceptionAddress = 40086332
         ACCESS_VIOLATION occured outside Interpreter and JITed code
         ExecMode = EXECMODE_BYTECODE
Unexpected exception has occurred:
ReportedExceptionCode = b, at ExceptionAddress = 40102b01
         ACCESS_VIOLATION occured outside Interpreter and JITed code
         ExecMode = EXECMODE_BYTECODE

sree.vcf (309 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: jetty crashing

Chris Haynes
This problem is nothing to do with Jetty.

It looks to me like a problem with IBM's implementation of Java.
 the error messages have been produced by that layer.

Only the JVM and its immediate support code could
 have said: "..outside Interpreter and JITed "

You need to post this info. on the IBM Java support list.

Chris Haynes

 "Sreekandh Iyer" has a problem: