jetty-8.1.4.v20120524 SPDY no jsessionid cookie

jetty-8.1.4.v20120524 SPDY no jsessionid cookie

Howard Lewis Ship
I've switched over jetty-8.1.4.v20120524.

Using FireFox with SPDY not enabled, the application works correctly, switching from HTTP to HTTPs with no hickups. Basically, we have an HTTP landing page, and any access past that redirects through a HTTPs Login page, and stays in HTTPs.

Using Chrome (SPDY enabled), what Im seeing is that the jsessionid cookie is not sent back to the client; you can log in (at which point the application, being Tapestry, sends a redirect), but the new request is missing the jsessionid cookie, so it looks like a fresh client, so back to the login page.

Ido is my partner on the application.  So, for what its worth, jessionid is working fine with FireFox and no SPDY, but the exact same instance, Chrome w/ SPDY does not see jsessionid cookie.

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Jesse McConnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
yes, jetty8 currently has all spdy patches that have been applied to jetty7

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
[hidden email]

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What about Jetty 8 HEAD?
>

> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 1:23 AM, Simone Bordet <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > From: Howard Lewis Ship <[hidden email]>
>> >
>> > I'm attempting to set up a Tapestry 5 application on Jetty
>> > 8.1.4.v20120524, Mac OS X Lion, JDK 1.7, Chrome.
>> >
>> > Most features work fine: HTTPs converts into SPDY (I'm using the SPDY
>> > Indicator plugin for Chrome, and it turns green).
>> >
>> > My page's HTML markup comes down fine, as does most of the related
>> > images and stylesheets.
>> >
>> > I'm having one problem though ... some of my larger JavaScript files
>> > are coming through truncated.  In production mode, Tapestry aggregates
>> > many small JavaScript files into a single virtual file.  This appears
>> > to be failing, and I'm seeing exceptions on my server side, and
>> > truncated JavaScript on the client side.
>>
>> There were problems regarding the handling of SPDY flow control, and
>> handling large files, indeed.
>>
>> Both are fixed in the current Jetty 7 HEAD. Can you give that a spin ?
>>
>> > Thanks in advance for any help or insight.  This is awfully bleeding
>> > edge stuff!
>>
>> Thanks for trying it out.
>> Yes, it's bleeding edge, we're eating our own food at
>> http://www.webtide.com (runs on SPDY), but there still are few rough
>> edges.
>>
>> Latest HEAD should be much better though.
>>
>> Let us know.
>>
>> Simon
>> --
>> www.webtide.com
>> Developer advice, services and support
>> from the Jetty & CometD experts.
>> ----
>> Finally, no matter how good the architecture and design are,
>> to deliver bug-free software with optimal performance and reliability,
>> the implementation technique must be flawless.   Victoria Livschitz

> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry
>
> The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn
> how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!

> http://howardlewisship.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: jetty-8.1.4.v20120524 SPDY no jsessionid cookie

Thomas Becker
Hi Howard,

as stated in the JIRA issue SPDY shouldn't affect cookie handling at all. Ido found that his issue was caused by something else. Have you aligned with him what the root cause was? Did you also try firefox + spdy? We've tested cookie handling with firefox/chrome + spdy and had no issues.

Cheers,
Thomas

On 6/29/12 11:41 PM, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> [...]

>> Developer advice, services and support
>> from the Jetty & CometD experts.
>> ----
>> Finally, no matter how good the architecture and design are,
>> to deliver bug-free software with optimal performance and reliability,
>> the implementation technique must be flawless.   Victoria Livschitz

> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry
>
> The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn
> how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!
>
> <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%28971%29%20678-5210" value="+19716785210">(971) 678-5210
> http://howardlewisship.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!

Thomas Becker [hidden email]