how to set custom Trust Manager in embedded jetty in eclipse

how to set custom Trust Manager in embedded jetty in eclipse

Gaurav Bhatnagar
Hi,
   I would like to setup a custom Trust manager other than the default Trust Manager that comes with Java Platform.
   I am designing my Trust Manager by implementing javax.net.ssl.X509TrustManager interface. Now I want to plug this Trust Manager in embedded jetty so that this new Trust Manager is used during SSL hand shake in jetty.
   Any ideas or leads on how to do this would be quite useful for me.

Regards,
Gaurav

Re: how to set custom Trust Manager in embedded jetty in eclipse

Greg Wilkins
Guarav,

You will need to extend the SslContextFactory and override the getTrustManagers method to return your TrustManager

Alternately, if your trust manager is installed in such a way that it has a name known so that a call to TrustManagerFactory.getInstance(String) will return your manager, then you can simply configure our SslContextFactory with setTrustManagerFactoryAlgorithm(String). I think you need to provide a SecurityProvider for this to work.

cheers