encryption

Joan K. Drejer (AH/LMD)
Hi

We are considering using Jetty in a commercial product at Ericsson, and therefore need to know if the source code contains encryption? Perhaps you even know which ECCN (export control) code should be put on the product?

Are you aware of any patents on Jetty?

Thank you in advance.

Regards;
Joan Drejer

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption,interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

Re: encryption

Greg Wilkins-5
Joan K. Drejer (AH/LMD) wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are considering using Jetty in a commercial product at Ericsson, and
> therefore need to know if the source code contains encryption?

There is an implementation of UnixCrypt algorithm in the jetty code and
a password obfuscation algorithm.

All other crypto (MD5,TSL,SSL) is provided by the JRE.

> Perhaps you even know which ECCN (export control) code should be put on
> the product?

I know that IBM recently went through this exercise, but I never found out
the end result.  If you do determine a code could you post it here?

> Are you aware of any patents on Jetty?

I am not aware of any patents related to Jetty, HTTP or servlets.