disable jsp engine when starting jetty

Vincent Chen
Hi, all

When I start jetty, I see some error message which complain about jasper is
missing. I only need servlet but not jsp engine. How can I totally disable jsp
in jetty? through function call is preferred.

Thanks,

Vincent Chen

Re: disable jsp engine when starting jetty

Mike Baranczak
Jetty won't try to process JSPs unless you tell it to. Edit the active
webdefault.xml to remove all references to JSPs.

I've seen this question a few times before; check the list archive if
you need more details.

-MB

On Apr 25, 2005, at 8:19 AM, Vincent Chen wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> When I start jetty, I see some error message which complain about
> jasper is
> missing. I only need servlet but not jsp engine. How can I totally
> disable jsp
> in jetty? through function call is preferred.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Vincent Chen

Re: disable jsp engine when starting jetty

kminder
Finding the answer for this took a bit of searching.  Turns out that the answer is disabling the default descriptor for each deployed web app because that default descriptor contains a Jasper servlet/mapping.  So if you don't need JSP at all you can do this.

WebAppContext wac = new WebAppContext();
wac.setDefaultsDescriptor( null );