addListener() on a running server?

Chuck Kring
Hello,

I'm running Jetty as an embedded server to create a HTML Gui for a Java
application.   I'd like to make it possible to specify the listener HTTP
address and port via a web page and have the changed take effect without
restarting the application.

My issue is that server.addListener() doesn't appear to work correctly once
the server and HttpContext have started.  I'm using the same code to create
the initial listener and that works fine.  After the server starts, I don't
get an exception nor do I get a log message 'Started SocketListener on ....'

Is this a known issue?  A bug?  A feature?   Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

                                                                          Chuck
Kring

Re: addListener() on a running server?

Greg Wilkins-5

Make sure you call start on the listener after you have added it.

cheers