accepts servlet not as an index file

Int2You
Hello people! I do not get on:-(.

We use jetty 5 as servletcontainer. There runs war-archiv which servlet as a welcome file list contain. The funny one is, he accepts servlet not as an index file, but he lists directory from war archive. If one clicks ordner, 404 comes, not found, if I call dateien directly: http://www.domain.com/start then he finds this. If one defines a html page as index, he indicates this as a welcome file. So I have already tried out everybody possible variationen in the welcome file list. He accepts only the html file. is there still option in which one must define that he war-archiv as searches incorporates? Since it is not to be added very nicely html which forwards then on real content.

Many thanks and see you soon