Website dead?

Pier Fumagalli-2
$ nslookup jetty.mortbay.org
Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
Server:         192.168.1.1
Address:        192.168.1.1#53

** server can't find jetty.mortbay.org: NXDOMAIN

$

Whops?

        Pier

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Website dead?

Russell Howe
Pier Fumagalli wrote, sometime around 23/08/06 10:52:
> $ nslookup jetty.mortbay.org
> Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
> Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
> the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
> Server:         192.168.1.1
> Address:        192.168.1.1#53
>
> ** server can't find jetty.mortbay.org: NXDOMAIN

$ host -t ns mortbay.org
Host mortbay.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

$ whois mortbay.org
Last Updated On:23-Aug-2006 05:31:26 UTC
Expiration Date:22-Aug-2007 07:06:29 UTC
[snip]
Name Server:NS3.INETU.NET
Name Server:NS4.INETU.NET

$ host -t ns mortbay.org ns3.inetu.net
Using domain server:
Name: ns3.inetu.net
Address: 209.235.192.3#53
Aliases:

mortbay.org name server ns3.inetu.net.
mortbay.org name server ns4.inetu.net.

$ host jetty.mortbay.org ns3.inetu.net
Using domain server:
Name: ns3.inetu.net
Address: 209.235.192.3#53
Aliases:

jetty.mortbay.org has address 209.235.197.106
Using domain server:
Name: ns3.inetu.net
Address: 209.235.192.3#53
Aliases:

Using domain server:
Name: ns3.inetu.net
Address: 209.235.192.3#53
Aliases:

jetty.mortbay.org mail is handled by 10 jetty.mortbay.org.

Looks like the delegation information is missing from the org. name
servers. Maybe mortbay switched DNS hosts and it's filtering through?

--
Russell Howe

Re: Website dead?

jan_bartel
Our hosting server is being switched over and it looks
like the DNS reassignment got messed up. We've notified
the ISP, hopefully it will be rectified soon.

Russell Howe wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote, sometime around 23/08/06 10:52:
>
>>$ nslookup jetty.mortbay.org
>>Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
>>Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
>>the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
>>Server:         192.168.1.1
>>Address:        192.168.1.1#53
>>
>>** server can't find jetty.mortbay.org: NXDOMAIN
>

> $ host -t ns mortbay.org
> Host mortbay.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
>
> $ whois mortbay.org
> Last Updated On:23-Aug-2006 05:31:26 UTC
> Expiration Date:22-Aug-2007 07:06:29 UTC
> [snip]
> Name Server:NS3.INETU.NET
> Name Server:NS4.INETU.NET
>
> $ host -t ns mortbay.org ns3.inetu.net
> Using domain server:
> Name: ns3.inetu.net
> Address: 209.235.192.3#53
> Aliases:
>
> mortbay.org name server ns3.inetu.net.
> mortbay.org name server ns4.inetu.net.
>
> $ host jetty.mortbay.org ns3.inetu.net
> Using domain server:
> Name: ns3.inetu.net
> Address: 209.235.192.3#53
> Aliases:
>
> jetty.mortbay.org has address 209.235.197.106
> Using domain server:
> Name: ns3.inetu.net
> Address: 209.235.192.3#53
> Aliases:
>
> Using domain server:
> Name: ns3.inetu.net
> Address: 209.235.192.3#53
> Aliases:
>
> jetty.mortbay.org mail is handled by 10 jetty.mortbay.org.
>
> Looks like the delegation information is missing from the org. name
> servers. Maybe mortbay switched DNS hosts and it's filtering through?

Re: Website dead?

Greg Wilkins

The new IP is http://209.235.245.73/  ans the site is there
if you need it.

I am trying to work out why the old IP is not working.
It may be because the domainname came up for renewal at
the same time?  Although it looks to be updated for another
year now?   But for some reason it has gone onto CLIENT HOLD?

cheers

Jan Bartel wrote:

> Our hosting server is being switched over and it looks
> like the DNS reassignment got messed up. We've notified
> the ISP, hopefully it will be rectified soon.
>
> cheers
> Jan
>

> Russell Howe wrote:
>> Pier Fumagalli wrote, sometime around 23/08/06 10:52:
>>
>>> $ nslookup jetty.mortbay.org
>>> Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
>>> Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
>>> the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
>>> Server:         192.168.1.1
>>> Address:        192.168.1.1#53
>>>
>>> ** server can't find jetty.mortbay.org: NXDOMAIN
>>
>> $ host -t ns mortbay.org
>> Host mortbay.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
>>
>> $ whois mortbay.org
>> Last Updated On:23-Aug-2006 05:31:26 UTC
>> Expiration Date:22-Aug-2007 07:06:29 UTC
>> [snip]
>> Name Server:NS3.INETU.NET
>> Name Server:NS4.INETU.NET
>>
>> $ host -t ns mortbay.org ns3.inetu.net
>> Using domain server:
>> Name: ns3.inetu.net
>> Address: 209.235.192.3#53
>> Aliases:
>>
>> mortbay.org name server ns3.inetu.net.
>> mortbay.org name server ns4.inetu.net.
>>
>> $ host jetty.mortbay.org ns3.inetu.net
>> Using domain server:
>> Name: ns3.inetu.net
>> Address: 209.235.192.3#53
>> Aliases:
>>
>> jetty.mortbay.org has address 209.235.197.106
>> Using domain server:
>> Name: ns3.inetu.net
>> Address: 209.235.192.3#53
>> Aliases:
>>
>> Using domain server:
>> Name: ns3.inetu.net
>> Address: 209.235.192.3#53
>> Aliases:
>>
>> jetty.mortbay.org mail is handled by 10 jetty.mortbay.org.
>>
>> Looks like the delegation information is missing from the org. name
>> servers. Maybe mortbay switched DNS hosts and it's filtering through?

Greg Wilkins<[hidden email]>  US: +1  3104915462   IT: +39 3349267680
http://www.webtide.com           UK: +44(0)2079932589 AU: +61(0)417786631