Threads problem

Shef
I've started getting this error in the log:

08:01:02.464 WARN!! [Acceptor
ServerSocket[addr=/205.234.150.171,port=0,localport=80]]
org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:373) >02> No thread for
Socket[addr=/66.249.66.15,port=57642,localport=80]

I'm on Suse linux 9.1 and Jetty version 5.1.4. When I run "ps -Amf" to dump
all process and thread information, it appears that my app is consuming a
few dozen threads. At some point, the whole site stops responding to
requests.

Does anyone know what the problem is or how to solve it?

Re: Threads problem

Greg Wilkins-5

Chris,

no chance of upgrading to 5.1.10?

how many threads is your connector configured for?
anything in the request log or the jetty log look unusual?

Chris wrote:

> I've started getting this error in the log:
>
> 08:01:02.464 WARN!! [Acceptor
> ServerSocket[addr=/205.234.150.171,port=0,localport=80]]
> org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:373) >02> No thread for
> Socket[addr=/66.249.66.15,port=57642,localport=80]
>
> I'm on Suse linux 9.1 and Jetty version 5.1.4. When I run "ps -Amf" to dump
> all process and thread information, it appears that my app is consuming a
> few dozen threads. At some point, the whole site stops responding to
> requests.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem is or how to solve it?

Re: Threads problem

Shef
I upgraded to 5.1.10. I'm not seeing the problem any more. I'm hoping it
just went away magically. Thanks.

news:[hidden email]...