Switching over to codehaus lists for jetty

Switching over to codehaus lists for jetty

jan_bartel
We are finally going to complete the move to codehaus by moving the jetty mailing lists
across.

As this will no doubt cause some disruptions we apologize in advance and will do everything
in our power to make the transition as smooth as possible.

As codehaus does not maintain the same list names as sourceforge, the mapping from existing
to new is as follows:

@lists.sourceforge.net   -->    @jetty.codehaus.org
across to the codehaus lists at the end of this week (ie around 14th March).

If you *do not* wish to continue subscribing to a jetty list, then please use the
sourceforge mechanisms (https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/options/jetty-support)
to unsubscribe before then. If you wish to continue receiving jetty mailing list
posts as normal, then you do not need to do anything.

We will give everyone a grace period of a further week (ie until Friday 21st March) to get
used to the new codehaus lists, after which the sourceforge lists will be considered defunct.

Re: Switching over to codehaus lists for jetty

WayneFH
Jan,

Thanks for updating on this topic. Is this the best place to ask a technical question?
I just posted a topic here immediately under yours in "support" about EL expressions in
embedded Jetty. Will I get a response today? or should I post somewhere else?
Please advise.

Wayne

jan_bartel wrote
[...]

Jan Bartel
Hi Wayne,

For the next week it might be a good idea to post on both jetty-support and
[hidden email], just whilst the changeover is happening.

Note that it's not at all unusual in the open source world not to receive
a reply for a couple of days, and sometimes for even longer! The only sure
way to receive a rapid (and private) response is to sign up for a support
contract with an organization like Webtide. Ok, lecture and plug over :-)

Can you post with more details of your setup, such as the runtime classpath
and jvm version you're running?

Oh, and you should definitely upgrade to 6.1.8, as I seem to recall that there
were some security fixes between 6.1.5 and now.

WayneFH wrote:

> Jan,
>
> Thanks for updating on this topic. Is this the best place to ask a technical
> question?
> I just posted a topic here immediately under yours in "support" about EL
> expressions in
> embedded Jetty. Will I get a response today? or should I post somewhere
> else?
> Please advise.
>
> Wayne
>

> jan_bartel wrote:
>> We are finally going to complete the move to codehaus by moving the jetty
>> mailing lists
>> across.
>>
>> As this will no doubt cause some disruptions we apologize in advance and
>> will do everything
>> in our power to make the transition as smooth as possible.
>>
>> As codehaus does not maintain the same list names as sourceforge, the
>> mapping from existing
>> to new is as follows:
>>

>> @lists.sourceforge.net   -->    @jetty.codehaus.org
>> settings etc,
>> across to the codehaus lists at the end of this week (ie around 14th
>> March).
>>
>> If you *do not* wish to continue subscribing to a jetty list, then please
>> use the
>> sourceforge mechanisms
>> (https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/options/jetty-support)
>> to unsubscribe before then. If you wish to continue receiving jetty
>> mailing list
>> posts as normal, then you do not need to do anything.
>>
>> We will give everyone a grace period of a further week (ie until Friday
>> 21st March) to get
>> used to the new codehaus lists, after which the sourceforge lists will be
>> considered defunct.
>>
>> regards
>> Jan

Jan Bartel, Webtide LLC | [hidden email] | http://www.webtide.com

Re: Switching over to codehaus lists for jetty

Francesco Vivoli
Hi
I guess these will be mirrored on Nabble as well...
good job btw:)

cheers
Francesco

jan_bartel wrote