Status of Jetty SNI support

Silvio Bierman
Hello all,

Could anyone tell me if and when we might be able to take advantage of
JDK8 server side SNI support through Jetty? This has been very high on
our wish-list for years now and with JDK8 it seems our wish may be
granted soon. Or is this a more difficult problem than it seams at first
glance?

Cheers,

Silvio

Re: Status of Jetty SNI support

Thomas Lußnig-2
Hi,

it is possible with jetty. I think not with the default keymanager.
But if you write your own sni definitely works. I use it on my own server.
If you are using some SUN internal stuff it is even possible natively
generate matching certificates.

Gruß Thomas

> Hello all,
>
> Could anyone tell me if and when we might be able to take advantage of
> JDK8 server side SNI support through Jetty? This has been very high on
> our wish-list for years now and with JDK8 it seems our wish may be
> granted soon. Or is this a more difficult problem than it seams at
> first glance?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Silvio

Re: Status of Jetty SNI support

Silvio Bierman
Thank you Thomas. I have never looked into key managers before and was
hoping the default one might (sooner or later) be extended to support this.

But if that is not going to happen I guess we will just have to roll our
own.

Cheers,

Silvio