Serving .HTC Behavior Files in Jetty

mjh

Serving .HTC Behavior Files in Jetty

mjh
Greetings.

My team has developed a small web application that uses IE behavior files (.htc
files) in conjuction with .css for certain behaviors.  In launching on Apache
and Oracle HTTP servers we see the appropriate behavior but not so with Jetty
to this point.

I suspect that there is a configuration step that we are missing.  Currently,
we keep the .htc file in the root of our web app as a peer to the .css that
references it (which seems to be served correctly, judging by the layout
rendering of the app):

/webapps/myapp/mycss.css
/webapps/myapp/myhtc.htc

The server request log shows calls for the resource...
"GET /myapp/myhtc.htc HTTP/1.1" 200 1380
...but to this point the behaviors defined in the .htc file have not been
reflected in the app.

Any and all help appreciated.

Much obliged,
Mark

mjh

Re: Serving .HTC Behavior Files in Jetty

mjh
Mark <markxmarkx <at> aol.com> writes:

> Greetings.
>
> My team has developed a small web application that uses IE behavior files
(.htc

> files) in conjuction with .css for certain behaviors.  In launching on Apache
> and Oracle HTTP servers we see the appropriate behavior but not so with Jetty
> to this point.
>
> I suspect that there is a configuration step that we are missing.  Currently,
> we keep the .htc file in the root of our web app as a peer to the .css that
> references it (which seems to be served correctly, judging by the layout
> rendering of the app):
>
> /webapps/myapp/mycss.css
> /webapps/myapp/myhtc.htc
>
> The server request log shows calls for the resource...
> "GET /myapp/myhtc.htc HTTP/1.1" 200 1380
> ...but to this point the behaviors defined in the .htc file have not been
> reflected in the app.
>
> Any and all help appreciated.
>
> Much obliged,
> Mark

Following up for those following this thread.

Turns out the issue was the absence of a mime-type mapping for the .htc file
type in mime.properties (at least in the org.mortbay.jetty.jar version we have)
and our not having defined or overridden it in /etc/webdefault.xml.  Once that
was rectified all was well.

Due to security concerns IE will not recognize the content correctly without a
mime type defined for it.  For those interested, files with this extension
should be associated with a mime-type of:

text/x-component

Regards,
Mark