Running embedded Jetty

Lucy Chen
Hi -

I have a project that uses a Maven profile to filter resources and package into a *.war file (e.g  mvn install or mvn jetty:run)  However, how is this accomplished when running a standalone alone Jetty or embedded Jetty when Maven is not involved? (or can you specify a profile?).  How do those resources get filtered?

Re: Running embedded Jetty

Olivier Lamy
Hi
You have to included your filtered resources in your final war.
So:
* build your war with activating your Maven profile
* move your resources filtering in the standard build (i.e w/o Maven profile)

As it the filtered files will be part of the build (in target/classes)

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 6:19 AM, Lucy Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi -

I have a project that uses a Maven profile to filter resources and package into a *.war file (e.g  mvn install or mvn jetty:run)  However, how is this accomplished when running a standalone alone Jetty or embedded Jetty when Maven is not involved? (or can you specify a profile?).  How do those resources get filtered?

Olivier

Re: Running embedded Jetty

Lucy Chen
Both mvn:jetty and mvn:install work as expected (all the resources files re filtered correctly using the active profile).

My questions is that how to do this when I'm in development using embedded Jetty inside Eclipse (when maven isn't involved)?

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 5:22 PM, Olivier Lamy <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

No real (I'm not an eclipse user)
You can try different solutions:
* using the maven eclipse plugin (https://www.eclipse.org/m2e/)
* starting the build with command line mvnDebug and attach a debugger on port 8000 (stop you can debug step by step etc..)

HTH
Olivier