Reopening connection using a SPDYClient

Nicholas Lun
Hi all,

I'm using the HttpClient with configurable transports to send http requests over spdy. After sending a few requests the connection times out and I get "java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: shutdown" which I think is expected because it's just the closing of an idle connection.

However, I don't see a way to reopen the connection. Trying to send more requests just results in ClosedChannelExceptions. Can I reopen the connection without creating a new HttpClient?

Regards,
Nick

Re: [jetty-users] Reopening connection using a SPDYClient

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 3:37 AM, Nicholas Lun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using the HttpClient with configurable transports to send http requests
> over spdy. After sending a few requests the connection times out and I get
> "java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: shutdown" which I think
> is expected because it's just the closing of an idle connection.
>
> However, I don't see a way to reopen the connection. Trying to send more
> requests just results in ClosedChannelExceptions. Can I reopen the
> connection without creating a new HttpClient?

Please file a bug. We are not handling properly the idle timeouts for
streams and connections.

--
Simone Bordet
http://webtide.com

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Simone Bordet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 3:37 AM, Nicholas Lun <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm using the HttpClient with configurable transports to send http requests
>> over spdy. After sending a few requests the connection times out and I get
>> "java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: shutdown" which I think
>> is expected because it's just the closing of an idle connection.
>>
>> However, I don't see a way to reopen the connection. Trying to send more
>> requests just results in ClosedChannelExceptions. Can I reopen the
>> connection without creating a new HttpClient?
>
> Please file a bug. We are not handling properly the idle timeouts for
> streams and connections.

To clarify, the workaround is to avoid to idle timeout connections by
setting the idle timeout on the SPDYClient to -1.

--
Simone Bordet
http://webtide.com
http://intalio.com
Intalio, the modern way to build business applications.

Re: [jetty-users] Reopening connection using a SPDYClient

Nicholas Lun
I'm having issues creating an account on the eclipse website, but when I get one I will. Thanks Simone!