Remote deployment for war/jar inside war

Remote deployment for war/jar inside war

Kiwi de coder
Hi,

Just wondering do Jetty got any deployer which able to using gradle/ANT task to remote deploy war/jar in war just like weblogic ?

So far I had look into cargo and ant task, but seem like it will start a new server instead of stop and redeploy on existing server.

Do you got any other methods / common practices for remote deployment ?

regards,
kiwi

Re: Remote deployment for war/jar inside war

Olivier Lamy
Hi
AFAIK this doesn't exist ATM.
Maybe you can create an enhancement request in github?

Olivier

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Kiwi de coder <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Just wondering do Jetty got any deployer which able to using gradle/ANT task to remote deploy war/jar in war just like weblogic ?

So far I had look into cargo and ant task, but seem like it will start a new server instead of stop and redeploy on existing server.

Do you got any other methods / common practices for remote deployment ?

regards,
kiwi

Olivier

Re: Remote deployment for war/jar inside war

Jan Bartel
Just a note to say -mostly for other's benefit - that I am working on a maven plugin to do a remote jetty deployment of an unassembled webapp. It's in a private branch at the moment, but in the next few days I'll push it to github.

On 21 June 2017 at 10:40, Greg Wilkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jan Bartel <[hidden email]>
www.webtide.com
Expert assistance from the creators of Jetty and CometD

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 7:39 PM, Jan Bartel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just a note to say -mostly for other's benefit - that I am working on a maven plugin to do a remote jetty deployment of an unassembled webapp. It's in a private branch at the moment, but in the next few days I'll push it to github.

Looks awesome!

On 21 June 2017 at 10:40, Greg Wilkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
Note that any remote file copy tool can be used to drop a war file into the webapps directory and it will be hot deployed.

Correct looks so more simple :-)

[...]

Cool !

Can't wait for this !

kiwi