Release candidate 6.1.4rc0

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Release candidate 6.1.4rc0

Greg Wilkins

Jetty release candidate 6.1.4rc0 is now available via http://jetty.mortbay.org

This release has a fix for a major issue with sending large content to slow clients.
It also contains lots of minor improvements and fixes as well as a clean up of the
structure.

jetty-6.1.4rc0 - 29 May 2007
 + Reorganized import of contrib modules
 + Unified JMX configuration
 + Updated slf4j version to 1.3.1
 + Updated junit to 3.8.2
 + Allow XmlConfiguration properties to be configured
 + Add (commented out) jspc precompile to test-webapp
 + Add slf4j-api for upgraded version
 + Change scope of fields for Session
 + Add ability to run cometd webapps to maven plugin
 + Delay ssl handshake until after dispatch in sslSocketConnector
 + Set so_timeout during ssl handshake as an option on SslSocketConnector
 + Optional send Date header. Server.setSendDateHeader(boolean)
 + update etc/jetty-ssl.xml with new handshake timeout setting
 + fixed JSP close handling
 + improved date header handling
 + fixed waiting continuation reset
 + JETTY-257 fixed comet cross domain
 + JETTY-309 fix applied to sslEngine
 + JETTY-317 rollback inclusion of cometd jar for maven plugin
 + JETTY-318 Prevent meta channels being created
 + JETTY-330 Allow dependencies with scope provided for jspc plugin
 + JETTY-335 SslEngine overflow fix
 + JETTY-337 deprecated get/setCipherSuites and added get/setExcludeCipherSuites
 + JETTY-338 protect isMoreInBuffer from destroy
 + JETTY-339 MultiPartFiler deletes temp files on IOException
 + JETTY-340 FormAuthentication works with null response
 + JETTY-344 gready fill in ByteArrayBuffer.readFrom
 + JETTY-345 fixed lost content with blocked NIO.
 + JETTY-347 Fixed type util init
 + JETTY-352 Object locks


--
Greg Wilkins<[hidden email]>                       US:  +1  3104915462
http://www.webtide.com           UK: +44(0)2079932589 AU: +61(0)417786631

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
_______________________________________________
Jetty-support mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jetty-support
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Release candidate 6.1.4rc0

Bruce Lewis-5
Greg Wilkins <[hidden email]> writes:

> This release has a fix for a major issue with sending large content to
> slow clients.  It also contains lots of minor improvements and fixes
> as well as a clean up of the structure.

Does it absolutely need to be large content?  Can it be normal-size
content sent via persistent connections?  I think I saw this issue on
ourdoings.com tonight running 6.1.3.  Being too lazy to redo all my
configuration I just replaced the lib/ directory with the one from
6.1.4rc0 and restarted jetty.  Is there any reason why that wouldn't be
a good idea?  Things seem to be working.

An email someone sent me looks like it might also have been an instance
of the bug.

--

http://ourdoings.com/
Amazingly simple photo sharing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
_______________________________________________
Jetty-support mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jetty-support
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

disabling cookie

Xiao-fei.Song

Hi forks,

Does anybody know if there is way in Jetty so that we can disable cookie and use URL rewriting for http session?

Thanks,
Xiao-fei
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
_______________________________________________
Jetty-support mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jetty-support
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: disabling cookie

jan_bartel
Hi Xiao,

Is this for jetty standalone, or jetty embedded in EAServer?

regards
Jan

[hidden email] wrote:

>
> Hi forks,
>
> Does anybody know if there is way in Jetty so that we can disable cookie
> and use URL rewriting for http session?
>
> Thanks,
> Xiao-fei
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
> Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
> control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
> http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Jetty-support mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jetty-support


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
_______________________________________________
Jetty-support mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jetty-support
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: disabling cookie

Xiao-fei.Song

I tested in both cases. If AbstractSessionManager.setUsingCookie(false) is called, no session state can be maintained.

Thanks,
Xiao-fei



Jan Bartel <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

06/01/2007 03:20 PM

Please respond to
"Jetty usage,  help & informal support " <[hidden email]>

To
"Jetty usage,  help & informal support " <[hidden email]>
cc
Subject
Re: [Jetty-support] disabling cookie





Hi Xiao,

Is this for jetty standalone, or jetty embedded in EAServer?

regards
Jan

[hidden email] wrote:
>
> Hi forks,
>
> Does anybody know if there is way in Jetty so that we can disable cookie
> and use URL rewriting for http session?
>
> Thanks,
> Xiao-fei
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
> Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
> control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
> http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Jetty-support mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jetty-support


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
_______________________________________________
Jetty-support mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jetty-support



-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
_______________________________________________
Jetty-support mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jetty-support
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Release candidate 6.1.4rc0

Bruce Lewis-3
In reply to this post by Bruce Lewis-5
Bruce Lewis <[hidden email]> writes:

> I think I saw this issue on
> ourdoings.com tonight running 6.1.3.  Being too lazy to redo all my
> configuration I just replaced the lib/ directory with the one from
> 6.1.4rc0 and restarted jetty.  Is there any reason why that wouldn't be
> a good idea?  Things seem to be working.

As it turns out, this was not a good idea.  The java process ended up
spinning until the load on my Linux box went up as high as 15.
Everything was working, but was working very slowly.  Tonight I put in
the rest of 6.1.4rc0 and things seem back to normal, i.e. fast and
reliable.

--

http://ourdoings.com/
Amazingly simple photo sharing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
_______________________________________________
Jetty-support mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jetty-support
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Release candidate 6.1.4rc0

Bruce Lewis-5
Bruce Lewis <[hidden email]> writes:

> As it turns out, this was not a good idea.  The java process ended up
> spinning until the load on my Linux box went up as high as 15.
> Everything was working, but was working very slowly.  Tonight I put in
> the rest of 6.1.4rc0 and things seem back to normal, i.e. fast and
> reliable.

It didn't stay that way.  I can't seem to figure out what's triggering
the spinning, since it doesn't correlate with requests that happen at
the same time, or with anything in the console log.  I'm thinking of
reverting to jetty 5.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
_______________________________________________
Jetty-support mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jetty-support
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Release candidate 6.1.4rc0

Bruce Lewis-3
Bruce Lewis <[hidden email]> writes:

> It didn't stay that way.  I can't seem to figure out what's triggering
> the spinning, since it doesn't correlate with requests that happen at
> the same time, or with anything in the console log.  I'm thinking of
> reverting to jetty 5.

The problem went away when I noticed I had retained the port 8443
connector in addition to my own port 443 connector.  Seven hours without
the load climbing, so I think we're out of the woods now.

--

http://ourdoings.com/
Amazingly simple photo sharing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
_______________________________________________
Jetty-support mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jetty-support