Reg:Error

s.sathya
hi ,

getting error like this.Could u provide a solution

(Start).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system
properly.

thank u

Re: Reg:Error

Noel Bush-2
I asked about this on the mailing list just a few weeks ago.  Unless it
is somehow causing you a problem (it wasn't causing one for me), then
you can safely ignore it, as I understand.

s.sathya wrote:

> hi ,
>
> getting error like this.Could u provide a solution

> (Start).
> log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system
> properly.
>
> thank u

Re: Reg:Error

Niclas Hedhman
On Friday 09 September 2005 18:14, s.sathya wrote:
> hi ,
>
> getting error like this.Could u provide a solution

> (Start).
> log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system
> properly.

It means that the Log4J configuration is lacking the appender given for the
Start logger. IIRC, this happens in 3 typical cases;

 1. Log4J can't find the configuration file at all. Log4J will either use a
    system property, or if not defined have a small search algorithm, of
    which ./log4j.properties is one such.

 2. No RootLogger is defined in the configuration, and no explicit config
    is setup for the logger Start.

 3. The name of appender defined for the logger Start does not exist.

Log4J is non-intrusive, meaning it will never "fail" beyond the message above,
so the only thing that happens is that nothing will output.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Niclas