Redirect to an http url when ssl handshake fails

Redirect to an http url when ssl handshake fails

Guillaume Bailleul
Hi all,

I am using jetty for a demonstration web application with smart card
identification. I have no problem using jetty with SSL with
authenticated client.

When the smart card is disconnected and we try to load a page, the
handshake fails (as expected) and our browser shows an error page
specifying this failure. I would like to make jetty redirect to a
simple http url when the handshake fails, only to display a better
looking page.

Is there a way to configure the jetty ssl connector to do that ?

Thanks for your help,

Guillaume

Re: Redirect to an http url when ssl handshake fails

Joakim Erdfelt-9
In order to send a redirect there has to be a HTTP conversation, as the redirect location is part of the HTTP response headers.
But if the SSL handshake fails, there's no HTTP conversation.
A little hard to send an HTTP response when there is no HTTP (yet)

--
Joakim Erdfelt <[hidden email]>
Developer advice, services and support