Re: suppress connection reset by peer, EOF exception and Jetty mailing list search

Re: suppress connection reset by peer, EOF exception and Jetty mailing list search

the problem is that your web app is catch the EOFException.
If this was let propogate to Jetty, it would correctly suppress it.

You need to find the code that is producing the FATAL:action.ServerProblem
message and stop it catching IOExceptions.   Let the container handle them.

cheers

j&h systems wrote:

> [...]
>         at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
>         at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)
>
> For the archive searching, I understand the current issue. I am still
> trying to figure out how to index a remote archive or to be more
> exact, how to keep the index update to date.
>
> One way of doing this is to use my gmail account and periodically get
> all the new jetty mailing list emails and add them to the index. The
> other way is that, if in the future I can afford to run a email
> server, I can use my own email server to get emails from the jetty
> mailing list and do the real-time indexing of new in-coming emails.
>
> The other thing is, if I go ahead to provide the mailing list search,
> is it possible to add my site to the jetty mailing list page, i.e,
> http://jetty.mortbay.org/jetty/mailingLists.html under the Jetty
> Discuss, so that people could find this search service?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jian
>

>>As for the archive searching... unfortunately we use sf and we can't
>>just replace the search tool without finding a new host etc.
>>But if your tool can index a remote archive, then please post details.
>

> On 6/7/05, Greg Wilkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Jian,
>>
>>Those connection reset by peer exceptions can be hard to trap, as
>>at some levels it is difficult to tell if it is the HTTP connection
>>or some other software the servlet uses.
>>
>>Can you send a stack trace.
>>
>>As for the archive searching... unfortunately we use sf and we can't
>>just replace the search tool without finding a new host etc.
>>But if your tool can index a remote archive, then please post details.
>>
>>cheers
>>

>>j&h systems wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I am using Jetty as the web server and servlet engine to power my
>>>website. There are from time to time the connection reset by peer
>>>exception in the log file, which I want to get rid of.
>>>
>>>I looked at the mailing list emails, seems it has been suppressed in
>>>the latest releases. But, I am using the latest Jetty 5 release and
>>>still see it.
>>>
>>>Do I have to explicitly set some configuration setting to get rid of it?
>>>
>>>As a side note, I am willing to provide the mailing list search for
>>>Jetty email archives. I got frustrated by the current email archive
>>>search service. I have a prototype email search working for Velocity
>>>email archive. You can get it at www.jhsystems.net
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Jian
>>>www.jhsystems.net

>>>Introducing Yahoo! Search Developer Network - Create apps using Yahoo!
>>>Search APIs Find out how you can build Yahoo! directly into your own
>>>Applications - visit http://developer.yahoo.net/?fr=fad-ysdn-ostg-q22005

Re: suppress connection reset by peer, EOF exception and Jetty mailing list search

j&h systems
Hi, Greg,

Thanks for your help. I will check the code for that.

As a side note, I am still wondering if it is possible to add my
search link to the jetty mailing list page,
i.e,http://jetty.mortbay.org/jetty/mailingLists.html under the Jetty
Discuss. This way people could find my search service for Jetty emails?

Thanks,

Jian

On 6/8/05, Greg Wilkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Jian
> >

> >>As for the archive searching... unfortunately we use sf and we can't
> >>just replace the search tool without finding a new host etc.
> >>But if your tool can index a remote archive, then please post details.
> >

> > On 6/7/05, Greg Wilkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >>Jian,
> >>
> >>Those connection reset by peer exceptions can be hard to trap, as
> >>at some levels it is difficult to tell if it is the HTTP connection
> >>or some other software the servlet uses.
> >>
> >>Can you send a stack trace.
> >>
> >>As for the archive searching... unfortunately we use sf and we can't
> >>just replace the search tool without finding a new host etc.
> >>But if your tool can index a remote archive, then please post details.
> >>
> >>cheers

Re: suppress connection reset by peer, EOF exception and Jetty mailing list search

Greg Wilkins-5
j&h systems wrote:
> Hi, Greg,
>
> Thanks for your help. I will check the code for that.
>
> As a side note, I am still wondering if it is possible to add my
> search link to the jetty mailing list page,
> i.e,http://jetty.mortbay.org/jetty/mailingLists.html under the Jetty
> Discuss. This way people could find my search service for Jetty emails?

Sure, send me the link when it is ready and I'll add it to the page
as an alternative archive searcher.

It is jetty powered right?  In that case you can also send me details
for it that could go on http://www.mortbay.com/mortbay/powered.html

cheers