Re: [Jetty-support] What is minimal configuration for embedded Jetty?

Re: [Jetty-support] What is minimal configuration for embedded Jetty?

Stepan RYBAR
> I tried to find this information via Google and this mailing list archive, but I was unsuccessfull.

...Well, the "README.TXT" from "jetty-5.1.4.zip" looks like a good starting point ;-) But believe me, I googled and crawled mailing list several times. So, sorry.

If I understand good, for running Jetty as server for already compiled Java servlets and static files (xml, xhtml, xsl, zip) using JRE 1.5.0_03 I need only following jars:

CLASSPATH=\
    $JETTY_HOME/lib/org.mortbay.jetty.jar:\
    $JETTY_HOME/lib/javax.servlet.jar:\
    $JETTY_HOME/ext/jasper-runtime.jar:\
    $JETTY_HOME/ext/jasper-compiler.jar:\
    $JETTY_HOME/ext/xercesImpl.jar

I do not want use SSL, JMX, JSP. I am not sure, if I need another jar for logging.

Stepan

Re: What is minimal configuration for embedded Jetty?

Greg Wilkins-5

Stephan,

If you don't want JSPs then you can leave out the jasper-* jars, but you will have to
edit the defaultweb.xml script to remove the JspServlet.

But if you want something really small and want to run on the wild side for a little bit...
I suggest that you try Jetty 6 alpha!  You should be able to configure that to run
a webapp, but to exclude the xerces XML parser as well.... a lot less doco, but you
will get a much much smaller server (about 350kb jar) that does full servlets
and will run faster.   But it is alpha software....

cheers