Re: [Jetty-support] Jetty/Firefox/PDF problem: File does not begin with'%PDF-'

Re: [Jetty-support] Jetty/Firefox/PDF problem: File does not begin with'%PDF-'

Tony Thompson
When I pull it from here, it comes back as a BMP not a PDF.  Firefox
actually trusts the content type is what the server says it is and tries
to load it with the Acrobat plugin.  IE seems to guess that it is not a
PDF and just displays it as an image instead of trying to load it with
the Acrobat plugin.  Bottom line, the doc we get is definitely not a
PDF.  Is there something in between us and the web server that may be
caching an old version of the doc?

Tony

Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 20:33:32 GMT
Server: Jetty/5.1.4 (Linux/2.6.5-7.111.19-smp i386 java/1.4.2_03
Last-Modified: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:31:34 GMT

200 OK

I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Here's the page that contains the link: http://www.quiltersresource.com
Click "Planograms" in the upper right-hand corner.

Anybody know what might be going on?

-
security?
easier Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo

may be monitored.

Re: [Jetty-support] Jetty/Firefox/PDF problem: File does not begin with'%PDF-'

Tim Vernum

On 07/11/2006, at 8:03 AM, Tony Thompson wrote:

> When I pull it from here, it comes back as a BMP not a PDF.  Firefox
> actually trusts the content type is what the server says it is and
> tries
> to load it with the Acrobat plugin.  IE seems to guess that it is
> not a
> PDF and just displays it as an image instead of trying to load it with
> the Acrobat plugin.  Bottom line, the doc we get is definitely not a
> PDF.  Is there something in between us and the web server that may be
> caching an old version of the doc?

I can confirm I'm seeing the same behaviour (although it looks like
it's a PSD rather than BMP - perhaps it has been changed during the day)
I'm running on a Mac, so in my case Firefox is actually passing the
doc off to Preview, which doesn't like it as a PDF, but will open it
as a PSD.