Re: Filters in a WebApplicationContext

Tony Thompson
Greg,

Based on my last email, any idea why my filter is not being called?

Thanks.
Tony

>>> [hidden email] 09/01/05 09:02PM >>>
Well, if I turn on debug, I see the debug from
WebApplicationHandler.start():

DEBUG  Path Filters:
[SessionIDFilter[com.stoneware.filter.SessionIDFilter,/*]]

But, I added a println to WebApplicationHandler.dispatch() and it is
never called.  WebApplicationHandler.dispatch() is called in the
WebApplicationContext where my filter is working correctly.

Tony

>>> [hidden email] 09/01/05 04:42PM >>>

Tony,

Are you sure you have a valid mapping for the filter as well as the
filter itself?

Can you try turning on some debugs, or adding a few printlns
so we can see what filters and filter mappings the context knows.

this should not be a problem with the jetty/servlet request
disconnect...
but if you are worried about that - then try Jetty 6  :-)

cheers

Tony Thompson wrote:
> I have an HttpServer that I am adding a WebApplicationContext to
> programmatically.  The WebApplicationContext has a
WebApplicationHandler
> and a couple custom handlers in it and that is all.  The context
path
> for the WebApplicationContext is "/" and there are virtual hosts
set.
> don't set a WAR path and I also call setDefaultsDescriptor( null ).
All
> of the content is served by one of my custom handlers.
>
> I am trying to add a filter to the WebApplicationContext but, the
> filter is not executing.  I know the WebApplicationContext is
working
> correctly because my custom handlers are working.  I added the
filter
> another WebApplicationContext (this one has a different virtual host
> plus some servlets including the Jetty DefaultServlet) in the
HttpServer
> and the filter works fine there.  I am using Jetty 4.2.24.
>
> Any idea what my issue might be?  Seems like a remember there is
some
> kind of disconnect between Jetty's HttpRequest and a servlet
> HttpServletRequest.  Could that be related somehow and is that fixed
in
> Jetty 5?
>
> Thanks.
> Tony

Practices
> Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams *
Testing
& QA
http://www.sqe.com/bsce5sf

September 19-22, 2005 * San Francisco, CA * Development Lifecycle
Practices
Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams * Testing
&
QA
Security * Process Improvement & Measurement *