RE: Trouble building I-Jetty

Salzwedel, Mark

(I saw this e-mail address on the I-Jetty build instructions page – hopefully it’s appropriate to use for this question – I’m having trouble finding any active support for any of this…)

I’m a newbie to Android, Maven, web technologies, etc. – so my apologies in advance if my questions seem naïve.  Right now I’m just trying to build the I-Jetty server (I need to add Bluetooth permissions to the manifest – but I haven’t changed anything yet), and I’m having build errors:

When building as-is I get these errors:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2:maven-android-plugin:2.9.0-beta-5:generate-sources (default-generate-sources) on project i-jetty: MojoExecutionException: ANDROID-040-001: Could not execute: Command = cmd.exe /X /C "C:\Development\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130219\sdk\platforms\android-4\tools\aapt.exe package -m -J C:\Development\i-jetty-read-only\i-jetty\i-jetty-ui\target\generated-sources\r -M C:\Development\i-jetty-read-only\i-jetty\i-jetty-ui\AndroidManifest.xml -S C:\Development\i-jetty-read-only\i-jetty\i-jetty-ui\res --auto-add-overlay -A C:\Development\i-jetty-read-only\i-jetty\i-jetty-ui\assets -I C:\Development\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130219\sdk\platforms\android-4\android.jar", Result = 1 -> [Help 1]

I found some instructions on resolving which I followed:

In the pom.xml in i-jetty-ui folder, find these codes:

<groupid>com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2</groupid>

<artifactid>maven-android-plugin</artifactid>

<version>2.9.0-beta-5</version>

Then change "maven-android-plugin" into "android-maven-plugin", and change "2.9.0-beta-5" into "3.0.0"

However - this change in turn causes these build errors (which seem related):

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2:andr
oid-maven-plugin:3.0.0:generate-sources (default-generate-sources) on project i-
jetty: Execution default-generate-sources of goal com.jayway.maven.plugins.andro
id.generation2:android-maven-plugin:3.0.0:generate-sources failed: A required cl
ass was missing while executing com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.generation2:and
roid-maven-plugin:3.0.0:generate-sources: Lorg/sonatype/aether/RepositorySystem;

Based on this page, it appears that this bug (395) has been identified and is being worked on.  In the meantime, are there any suggestions for how I can work around this issue and compile I-Jetty with Bluetooth permissions???

Thanks in advance!!

-Mark

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE] Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records. To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com