Question about "Context Path"

Lebing Xie
Hi, all
Sorry about this newbie question, the Context Path is a part of URL or a
part of the File-system-path? Is it a absolut Path or a relative
path(when relative, based of Jetty home or the /webapps)? As i saw a
path, always be confused if it is a file-path or URL, especially by
Linux/Unix system.

What is the difference between a path with or without "/" at end? for
the directory, is it the same with or without "/"

ur Lebing

Re: Question about "Context Path"

Greg Wilkins-5
The context path is the part of the the URL that matches the context.

It might be / or /myapp

The end / makes a difference when resolving relative paths.

I suggest you get a copy of the servlet specification and have a read of that.

cheers