Overriding proxy configuration for Jetty HttpClient

Overriding proxy configuration for Jetty HttpClient

Neha Munjal
Hi All,

I am seeking some information to override ProxyConfiguration while making use of Apache Jetty HttpClient.
I am working with the library: jetty-client-9.3.6.v20151106.jar

I have a scenario wherein we have application specific logic to configure a proxy or not.
Additionally, we have application specific logic to make proxy configuration depending upon the target URI to which the HTTP/HTTPS invocation is being made.
Additionally, we want to do it at one central place wherein we create the http client object and not at all the use case level.
So, we would not have the context of target URI at this central place.

Is there a way to override proxy configuration wherein we could get context of target URI and accordingly we could configure our selective proxies.

Thanks
Neha

Re: Overriding proxy configuration for Jetty HttpClient

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Neha Munjal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am seeking some information to override ProxyConfiguration while making
> use of Apache Jetty HttpClient.
> I am working with the library: jetty-client-9.3.6.v20151106.jar
>
> I have a scenario wherein we have application specific logic to configure a
> proxy or not.
> Additionally, we have application specific logic to make proxy configuration
> depending upon the target URI to which the HTTP/HTTPS invocation is being
> made.
> Additionally, we want to do it at one central place wherein we create the
> http client object and not at all the use case level.
> So, we would not have the context of target URI at this central place.
>
> Is there a way to override proxy configuration wherein we could get context
> of target URI and accordingly we could configure our selective proxies.

This is not supported.

Can you please file an issue at
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues ?

Thanks !