Ok, got the dump

Richard Vowles-2
I had to use tcpdump because Wireshark needs a GUI (and surprisingly, no
GUI on the production box). Wireshark appears to understand the tcpdump
and you can apply the AJP13 filter

Thanks!
Richard

Re: Ok, got the dump

Russell Howe
Richard Vowles wrote, sometime around 13/02/07 07:12:
> I had to use tcpdump because Wireshark needs a GUI (and surprisingly, no
> GUI on the production box). Wireshark appears to understand the tcpdump
> and you can apply the AJP13 filter

Yep, both use libpcap for packet capture, so you can take a dump with
tcpdump and then load it into wireshark for analysis.

If someone could tell me how to remove specific packets from a dump and
then resave it, I can produce some dumps of problems I've been having
having (there is sensitive data alongside the stuff I'm trying to
capture, what with it being a live site and all).

--
Russell Howe

Re: Ok, got the dump

Greg Wilkins
Richard Vowles wrote:
> I had to use tcpdump because Wireshark needs a GUI (and surprisingly, no
> GUI on the production box). Wireshark appears to understand the tcpdump
> and you can apply the AJP13 filter

richard,

thanks heaps.... but I think we may have fixed it already.... can you
try svn head?

We'd like to do an RC release soon, so soon would be good :-)

Greg Wilkins<[hidden email]>  US: +1  3104915462   IT: +39 3349267680
http://www.webtide.com           UK: +44(0)2079932589 AU: +61(0)417786631

Re: Ok, got the dump

Richard Vowles-2
Greg Wilkins wrote:

> Richard Vowles wrote:
>
>> I had to use tcpdump because Wireshark needs a GUI (and surprisingly, no
>> GUI on the production box). Wireshark appears to understand the tcpdump
>> and you can apply the AJP13 filter
>>

> richard,
>
> thanks heaps.... but I think we may have fixed it already.... can you
> try svn head?
>
> We'd like to do an RC release soon, so soon would be good :-)

Ok - just tested it and no go - it still fails :-(. I am attaching the
new dump taken of the POST now - you guys put so much effort in!

Richard

Re: Ok, got the dump

Greg Wilkins

DOH!

You couldn't join #jetty on irc.codehaus.org could you....
I'd like to ask some questions about what we are seeing in the dump.

cheers

Greg Wilkins wrote:
> DOH!
>
> You couldn't join #jetty on irc.codehaus.org could you....
> I'd like to ask some questions about what we are seeing in the dump.
>
> cheers

On now.