Moving apps to another port

nick.wadge
I'm running Jetty 5 with JBoss 4 and would like to know how I can have the jmx-console served via a different port to my other apps.  Eg:

However I do not want this to work:
PLEASE READ: The information contained in this email is confidential
and intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended
recipient of this email you must not copy, distribute or take any
further action in reliance on it and you should delete it and notify the
sender immediately. Email is not a secure method of communication and
Nomura International plc cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy
or completeness of this message or any attachment(s). Please examine this
email for virus infection, for which Nomura International plc accepts
no responsibility. If verification of this email is sought then please
Nomura International plc. This email is intended for informational
purposes only and is not a solicitation or offer to buy or sell
securities or related financial instruments. Nomura International plc is
regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a member of the
London Stock Exchange.

Re: Moving apps to another port

Greg Wilkins-5
Nick,

once apon a time this was doable, as you could have multiple Jetty instances in
JBoss.  But this is no longer possible.

So I would listen on both 8080 and 8081 and then install a filter in
the JBoss jmx-console webapp that 404's or 403's any request not on
port 8081

cheers

[hidden email] wrote:

> I'm running Jetty 5 with JBoss 4 and would like to know how I can have
> the jmx-console served via a different port to my other apps.  Eg:
>
> http://myhost.com:8080/myapp1
> http://myhost.com:8081/jmx-console
>
> However I do not want this to work:
> http://myhost.com:8080/jmx-console
>
> TIA
>
> Nick
> PLEASE READ: The information contained in this email is confidential
> and intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended
> recipient of this email you must not copy, distribute or take any
> further action in reliance on it and you should delete it and notify the
> sender immediately. Email is not a secure method of communication and
> Nomura International plc cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy
> or completeness of this message or any attachment(s). Please examine this
> email for virus infection, for which Nomura International plc accepts
> no responsibility. If verification of this email is sought then please
> request a hard copy. Unless otherwise stated any views or opinions
> presented are solely those of the author and do not represent those of
> Nomura International plc. This email is intended for informational
> purposes only and is not a solicitation or offer to buy or sell
> securities or related financial instruments. Nomura International plc is
> regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a member of the
> London Stock Exchange.

RE: Re: Moving apps to another port

nick.wadge
Works a treat.  Thanks again Greg.