Load balancing in Jetty

samuel cheung
Hi,

Can some one please tell me if the load balancing technique described
below (use Apache in front of a group of Tomcat) will work with Jetty?

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2004/03/31/clustering.html

Or I have to use the load balancing module in the "extra" directory?

Thank you.
Sam

Re: Load balancing in Jetty

Greg Wilkins-5

you can use apache as a load balancer for Jetty.

You can use mod_proxy and mod_rewrite, or just use mod_jk and
different listeners in Jetty.

regards

samuel cheung wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can some one please tell me if the load balancing technique described
> below (use Apache in front of a group of Tomcat) will work with Jetty?
>
> http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2004/03/31/clustering.html
>
> Or I have to use the load balancing module in the "extra" directory?
>
> Thank you.
> Sam

Re: Re: Load balancing in Jetty

samuel cheung
Greg,

Thanks. If that is the case, isn't using mod_jk is better than using
the load balancer in Jetty extra module?  I think mod_jk supports SSL
but load blanacer usings NIO and that does not support SSL.

Thank you again.

Sam